seventeen (17)

After explaining to avani that y'all were now a thing, avani got a text.

Anonymous: I hope you've realized that your little boyfriend is missing. Want him back? Tell y/n and josh to take you to the spot where they had their picnic. Don't take too long though.
mwah

Avani had a frightened look on her face and couldn't even speak. She just passed the phone to you and josh. Immediately, the three of you got in the car. Josh drove with you in the passenger seat and Avani in the back. You turned around to see Avani sleeping, and as much as you wanted to, you couldn't go back to sleep. Payton meant a lot to you because he was your best friend, inside and out of school. He helped you with everything. From cheating on tests to life advice, he was there whenever you needed him. You were worried sick because you probably could not go on without him.

You were twirling your fingers around and Josh noticed. He put one of his hands on your hands to stop your motions and caressed your hands, calming you down.

Josh: baby listen to me, we'll go and get Payton back and he'll be safe as ever okay? it's going to be okay

(so uhm .. ion like using "baby" so what other names could i use for them?)

You looked up and smiled at him. Wow. You couldn't believe that if it weren't for Payton bringing Josh to your house sick, you and josh still would be on non speaking terms.

y'all got to the park and it was still dark. avani's phone went off and it was another text

Anonymous: took you long enough. now walk towards the spot that is lit up. see you soon

The three of you looked up to see one lit candle handing from a tree. Avani walked first, followed by you and josh holding hands. Josh gave your hand a squeeze to reassure you that everything would be fine.

As y'all walked closer to the spot, multiple candles turned on one at a time to give you a sight like this:

Out came Payton dressed in a tuxedo looking perfectly fine and suddenly avani left.

Payton: i'm perfectly fine thank you very much. sorry for scaring you .. i just wanted to give you a surprise after you almost just got a heart attack .. i know .. not funny at all, but ..

Avani came out wearing a beautiful dress and stood next to payton.

Avani: we thought it would be nice to give both of you a do over for prom night since .. uhm that didn't go well. and don't worry .. we have a spare dress and tuxedo in the back ..

Payton: so what do the two of you say to prom #2 ?