eighteen (18)

You: i say .. yes

Avani: see you two boys in a few ..

Avani pulls me into this small building with a rack of dresses and gestures for you to pick one. your dress:

When you put your dress on, you looked in the nearest mirror and something felt off

When you put your dress on, you looked in the nearest mirror and something felt off. Avani, being the best person ever, pulled out makeup and hair accessories.

your hair:

your makeup:

your makeup:

Avani: all done

Avani: all done

She smiles at you and you walk back to the full body mirror and you actually felt beautiful. You hugged Avani and thanked her for everything she did. As she finished putting away the makeup, there was a knock on the door. The both of you walked over to the door, and there you saw Payton and Josh wearing tuxedos, looking nice. Suddenly, music started to play and Josh walked up to you, putting out his hand.

Josh: may i have this dance?

You smiled and nodded while you put your hand out for Josh to grab. The two of you walked towards the beautifully decorated place and began slow dancing.

*PAYTON'S POV*
As Josh and Y/n left the room, I helped Avani tidy up the things she took out. Her phone began to blow up with texts. When she walked over to her phone to look at the texts, she had the biggest and brightest smile ever.

Payton: who's texting you ..

Avani: uhm just a friend

Payton: oh ..

Avani: hey .. uhm i'm gonna go bring the things to the car so we don't have to bring it later and then i'll come back so we could go dance with them okay?

I nodded.

Avani left the room, leaving her phone behind. As much as I didn't want to, i walked over to her phone and started reading the notifications.
________________________________
anthony😚💜
just tell y/n that you didn't feel good

anthony😚💜
or make up some kind of excuse

anthony😚💜
pwetty pwease🥺for me. i want to see my chica's pretty face bc i wuvv youu
________________________________

As soon as I finished reading the last notification, Avani walked in.

Avani: what are you doing ?! why are you reading stuff from my phone?

Payton: anthony? blushing kissy face? Purple Heart? chica? what's going on Avani

Avani: what's going on is you're in my personal space reading my personal stuff. what would've happened if something personal was happening!

Payton: WELL WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?! OBVIOUSLY it's nothing personal if you were smiling as if you just won the lottery. just a friend? by the looks of it .. you're flirting with him.

Avani: OKAY! AND SO WHAT IF I AM FLIRTING WITH HIM?!?!

At that moment, Josh and Y/N came running in and stood by the door.

Avani: SO WHAT IF IM TALKING TO HIM? WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU?!

PAYTON: so we're gonna do this? right here right now? fine. WHY DOES IT MATTER TO ME?! IT MATTERS TO ME BECAUSE THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN US! WHAT HAPPENED TO US! EVER SINCE YOU CAME FOR THE PROM, YOU'VE BEEN ACTING AS IF YOU DIDNT CARE ABOUT ME! NO! YALL ARENT JUST FRIENDS! I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO TELL EACH OTHER EVERYTHING!!

Avani: fine. you wanna be like that? you wanna know everything? i've caught feelings for anthony. and he knows that you liked me so we've been keeping it on the low. yes Payton, i like you, but the way i liked you in July isn't how i feel anymore. it's not and shouldn't even be a big deal anyways. we NEVER were official so i don't see why you're making it such a big deal.

Josh: woah woah woah-

Y/n: avani .. stop

Avani: stop what? you're gonna stick up for him now? after all these years of our friendship?

Payton: shes right. you don't need to stick up for me guys. it's fine. really ..

I immediately walked out of the room and left the three of them in there. Whatever happened already happened and I can't fix that anymore ..