1; intro

Taehyung had never believed in ghosts. 

There was no such thing as ghosts, so Taehyung would go back to studying math and quit insisting he had the potential to prove their existence.

The irony of it all was laughable.

"You were right, Joon. Ghosts do exist." Taehyung sighed, watching one of his best friends sit on his bedroom floor and flip through his old drawing and music notebooks. The older couldn't hear him, though.

The door to the room was pushed open further, and Yoongi walked in. His eyes were red, but he looked... fairly calm, as he knelt down on the floor beside Namjoon.

"It's weird, isn't it?" Namjoon mumbled quietly. "I thought I was okay, but being here, going through his stuff..."

Yoongi nodded, patting him on the back sympathetically. 

"I know, I was thinking the same thing. I'm just glad his parents didn't throw everything out. A lot of this crap was special to him, he wouldn't want it going in the landfill."

Taehyung smiled. Yoongi knew him so well.

His parents had been by, they had taken all the family pictures and a few other things.

Taehyung had wanted so badly to hug his mother, tell her that it was okay, that he was okay. 

He didn't even remember what had happened. He remembered leaving his house for work, and then there was just... nothing. Until, he opened his eyes and he was back in his apartment, two months later, and invisible

He couldn't touch things without intense concentration. After some initial freaking out, screaming, and then some crying, he had come to the conclusion that he was a ghost.