20;

• Taehyung's POV •

I watched the scene unfold; almost as though it were a movie— there wasn't much I could do. 

It was maddening, the whole point of dragging Byul here, was so someone would check on Jungkook, make sure he was okay, and that he made it home in one piece. That was all I wanted, but now I felt as though I had made the situation worse.

Maybe if I had left it alone, Yoongi would be sitting with Jungkook now, instead of interrogating Byul. On top of that, once Jungkook found out she was lying, he would just feel more betrayed and alone than he did before. 

I hadn't planned for Yoongi to show up, and I certainly hadn't planned on Yoongi knowing who Byul really was.

"How do you know who Jungkook is?" Yoongi asked when she stayed silent for too long.

"I- Yoongi, I wish I could explain, but I can't. I just..." She glanced at me for a fraction of a second, worry in her eyes. "I need you to trust me that I'm not here to hurt Jungkook. I really just wanted to help him."

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at her and folded his arms. "That isn't an answer."

"I—" She cut herself off, looking at me again. "This is going to sound crazy, but just bear with me..." I knew what she was about to do, and I knew it wasn't going to be a good idea.

"Don't do it, he won't understand." I tried, stepping in front of her as an attempt to make her listen.

"I know who Jungkook is because Taehyung told me, and he asked me to come here tonight. Don't ask me how, I- I can't explain that part."

"Now you've done it." I grumbled, floating a few feet away from the two of them.

I watched as Yoongi took a step closer to her, and she took a step back.

"I don't know if you've lost it, or if you just think I'm that stupid." Yoongi growled.

"Taehyung, tell me something only you'd know." She muttered, and I saw no point in refusing.

"He stole a pair of shoes in eleventh grade because there was a hole in his old ones and didn't want to ask his parents for money." Taehyung said quickly.

I had sworn not to speak a word of it to anyone as long as I lived, but I was dead so I didn't think the promise applied anymore.

"Do you think this is funny? Cut the crap." Yoongi warned.

• Byul's POV •

"Why didn't you just ask for a new pair of shoes, surely your parents wouldn't want you to steal-"

I still wasn't used to the fact that I was the only one who could see and hear Taehyung, and while my plan was to just repeat whatever he said, I had failed to stick to it.

The idea of Min Yoongi— the cute kid who always shared his lunch, who would never dream of cheating on a test, and caught spiders to put them outside rather than step on them— doing something even remotely illegal was jarring.

I guessed a lot could change in the years that I hadn't seen him.

"I don't know how you know about that or what sick game you're playing, but—"

"I'm not playing a game!" I pleaded.

Why couldn't he just believe me?

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Seokjin leave the club and make his way over to me.

"There you are!" He said. "I was getting worried. Who's this?" He glanced at Yoongi who took a step away from me.

I ignored Seokjin for the time being, and Taehyung put his head in his hands.

"We should just leave. I'm sorry I made you come here." Taehyung said.