13;

"So why don't you leave this apartment and go find them." Lonely ghost or not, he was still a stranger that I didn't particularly want to live with.

Taehyung pouted. "I don't wanna." He whined. "And anyway, aren't you just a little bit curious why you can see me?"

"No." I replied flatly.

"Well, I am." Taehyung shrugged. "So I'm going to stay and find out."

I sighed deeply as I slid off the counter. "I really can't let you do that." I said, walking to the front door.

"And you're going to do something about it... how?" Taehyung followed, looking just the slightest bit worried.

"I don't know yet." I muttered, opening my front door and marching across to knock on— what was his name again?— Hoseok's door. 

He opened after a minute or so, Taehyung complaining the whole time.

"He's weird, why him? Can't you just do a google search to get rid of me? I don't like this. Stop ignoring me, I know you can hear me—"

"Hello person who didn't believe in ghosts, still feel the same?" Hoseok looked rather amused; the feeling wasn't mutual.

"Alright, you were right. I admit it." I said. "The man I saw last night? He's who's haunting the apartment."

"And how's that going for you?" Hoseok asked, looking genuinely concerned now.

"Terrible." I said. 

"It's only been a few hours and I already feel like he's going to drive me insane. You knew he was there— what do you know about getting rid of him?"

Hoseok laughed. 

The rate at which he could switch emotions was a little disorienting. "You can't." He chuckled. "You don't think the manager tried? He even smudged the place."

"Smudging gets rid of negative energy." I folded my arms. "Taehyung isn't negative, he's annoying."

"I don't know if I should be offended by that or not." Taehyung huffed.

"You're on a first-name basis with the ghost?" Hoseok snorted.

"No... Yes... It's complicated." I hadn't even realised it until Hoseok pointed it out. 

But Taehyung seemed so real, so solid (as long as I didn't try to touch him) that I wasn't sure how else to refer to him. I didn't like the idea of just calling him "The Ghost."

"Have you tried asking him to leave?" Hoseok asked. "Sometimes that works."

I shook my head. "I've told him to leave, does that count? He just says no."

"I don't see what's wrong with me staying." Taehyung said. "It's not like you have to feed me, I'm dead! I won't cost you any money."