17;

• Byul's POV •

I had almost forgotten how nice it was to spend time with the living. 

Seokjin didn't argue about what to watch, but did playfully throw popcorn at me when I teared up at a sad part of the movie. 

I had needed some relaxed friend time after the weird week I just had.

What I didn't need was, Taehyung appearing in front of the tv looking completely distraught.

"AH!" I yelped. I still wasn't used to Taehyung's sudden entrances, and I was just starting to hope that he would never come back. 

Maybe he could find someone else to bother.

"What?!" Seokjin jumped, looking around.

"Sorry." I said, eyes still wide. "I just... thought I saw a spider. But it must have left." You tried to glare at Taehyung without looking too suspicious.

"It's been two hours, now I'm calling in my favor. We need to leave. Now." Taehyung said.

"Oh, okay. I never knew you were scared of spiders..." Seokjin said, looking at me, confused. Taehyung promptly sat down between the two of us so that I was looking at him again. 

I leaned back as he leaned forward.

"I can and will make your life miserable if you don't listen to me." Taehyung said.

"Are you okay? Did I do something?" Seokjin asked, and I leaned sideways so I could see around Taehyung. I was aware that I must look ridiculous, but I didn't know what else to do.

"No, of couse not. Sorry. I guess I'm just a little bit jumpy today." Seokjin still looked concerned.

"You asked for it." Taehyung shrugged before floating away.

"What? No I didn't." I said, and Seokjin frowned.

"You didn't what?"

There was a crash from the kitchen, and I looked over to see the cabinet door open and its contents broken on the floor.

"That was... weird." Seokjin said. I was more concerned with where Taehyung had gone.

However, my question was answered when I heard more things breaking in my bedroom.

"What's going on?" Seokjin asked, but I didn't know what to tell him.

"All right, stop! I'll go with you." I called out, and Seokjin looked even more alarmed.

"Go with who?"

"The ghost that haunts my apartment." I sighed.

There was no way around it, I had to tell him– for the life of me, I couldn't think of an explanation that would sound half-way plausible, so might as well tell him the truth at this point.

"I'm sorry, I must have misheard you. Did you just say a ghost haunts your apartment and it wants you to go somewhere with it?" Seokjin clarified.

"He. He wants me to go somewhere with him. His name is Taehyung." I sighed.

Seokjin blinked at me, then laughed. "That's a good one, I really thought you were serious for a second there! Your acting skills have really improved, but how on earth did you make all the dishes fall out of the cabinet?"

"I didn't. Taehyung did." Seokjin laughed again, but it died out as he realised that I didn't say it as a joke.

"Oh." He said as Taehyung reappeared in the room.

He looked around, his eyes looking where Taehyung waited before passing right over him. "Is he here now?" He asked quietly as he stood from the couch.

"Oh my god, I'm dead not deaf." Taehyung grumbled.

Taehyung walked directly into Seokjin and just stood there.

"Did... did it just get really cold?" Seokjin asked, wrapping his arms around himself.

"Taehyung, quit it. Leave Seokjin alone." I snapped, pulling Seokjin sideways, but Taehyung just followed.

Seokjin had started shivering, and I had no idea what would happen if Taehyung didn't move soon.

Was it possible that he could kill him?

"Taehyung, cut it out. Now." I said, panic in your voice.

Finally, he stepped away from Seokjin, and Seokjin's knees gave out, as if Tahyung was the only thing keeping him standing.

"Y-you were serious." Seokjin said through chattering teeth as I wrapped a blanket from the couch around his shoulders and knelt down beside him.

"Unfortunately." I grimaced.

"Come on, we need to go!" Taehyung said. "I convinced him that I was real for you, now please–"

"What on earth is so important?" I snapped at him.

Seokjin looked like he was going to say something before he realised I wasn't talking to him.

"My friends need me, but I can't help them, so you have to." Taehyung said.

"How am I supposed to do that?" I demanded.

"You can talk to it?" Seokjin asked me weakly. "And see it?"

"Him." I corrected again. "Yes, I can see and talk to him. I don't know why."

"Oh." Seokjin looked completely overwhelmed, and I regretted letting him come over.

I should have either kept him away, or warned him that my apartment was haunted; ahead of time.

"I don't know yet, just come with me. Please?" There was a desperation in Taehyung's voice that made me agree reluctantly.

"I have to go, Seokjin. Otherwise he'll start smashing things again."

"I'll come with you." Seokjin said, standing shakily.

"I don't know if that's a good idea..." You started, but Taehyung interrupted.

"Let him come along, you might need him to help carry Jungkook."