Chapter One- Tyler

A/N Hey guys! The long awaited first chapter of Always is here! For those of you who saw my message a few days ago (maybe it was yesterday, I don't know) I will be posting the first few chapters of this novel as I edit them, and then I will take a break to edit the last twenty five (or so) chapters to post all at once. This is because sometimes I like to go back and change things, but the first couple of chapters are pretty set in stone. I really hope you enjoy Tyler and Pierce's story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

P.s This book should be called Tyler Amore doesn't know how to talk about his problems and that causes more problems (if you were frustrated by Carter, prepare to be amazed)

Tyler Amore- 6th grade

Pierce Bradford- freshman

Tyler was hiding from his parents in the new laundry room, tucked in the small space between the shaking washing machine and the wall. He knew it wasn't going to be long before his mother found him, since she somehow always knew how to– especially when he didn't want to be found– and he was spending the last few minutes of his free time huddled over his cellphone.

The device's value to him had increased drastically to him since he had moved to Illinois. It was his own way to contact his two closest friends all the way back in Florida. He spent most of his free time on it— texting James about video games and Ace about how he was adjusting to the move— which was why it would be immediately confiscated by his mother when she came to get him.

Typically, she didn't mind him spending his time on the cellular, since it was a way for him to cope with the move he hadn't been on board with in the first place, but it wouldn't be acceptable for the next couple hours, not when his father's employer and his family would be joining them for dinner. The Bradfords. It would be the first time Tyler got to meet the family, and his mother was very excited, since his father had informed them that Mr. Bradford had four sons who would be at his middle school in fall, and she was really hoping for him to make some new friends.

You can't only be friends with Ace and James forever, Tyler, she had said plenty of times since the move, each time with her hands on her hips. The last time they had this talk, she had tacked on a, I'm sure the Bradford boys could be great friends to you. Maybe even better than the ones back home.

He disagreed, but Tyler's mother wasn't a woman you just disagreed with, so he was biting his tongue for the evening. He'd be nice to Mr. Bradford's kids, but he wasn't going to go out of his way to make friends with them as his mother wished. He didn't need any new friends. The few he had from Florida were perfectly fine, and he was content with them, despite his mother's worries.

"Tyler?" Speaking of his mother.

Her voice reached him first, and then she was peeking at him from around the washer, green eyes narrowed. "What are you doing back there? Come help me set the table. They'll be here soon." With a heavy sigh, and one last glance at his phone— Ace had responded to his text, but he couldn't check it in front of his mother— Tyler slid out of his hiding spot and rose to stand before her. She already had her hand held out to him, palm up. Since there was no use complaining– there never was with her– Tyler placed his cellphone into her hand without comment. After sliding it into her back pocket, she brushed her hands over his shoulders. "You've gotten your sweater vest dirty".

"Can I take it off?" He asked hopefully, though the look in her green eyes immediately told him that wasn't an option. "Yeah, alright".

She passed a hand over his hair to flatten it, even though it was no use, and sighed. "It's only for a little while, I promise. I just want you to look nice for Mr. Bradford and his family. First impressions are everything, Tyler".