Chapter Twenty-Four - Tyler

When Tyler woke up, he was in Pierce's bed alone. It wasn't hard to figure to figure out where the man was, since the apartment smelled strongly of bacon, and he smiled as he stretched his arms over his head, back cracking and ass aching in a pleasant way that reminded him of who had been there. He felt a little guilty that he hadn't told Pierce how he felt the night before, but it didn't seem to be the right time, and he hadn't felt like he needed to.

They had connected, and he knew Pierce had felt it to. It had been a wonderful night, despite him getting punched in the face, and he felt like it was the last push he needed to confess to Pierce with complete confidence. He was no longer nervous. It would be fine.

Still, Tyler wanted to see what James thought about all of it, and wanted to make sure his best friend knew that he wasn't angry for pulling Joe out of the way since it had worked out well for him in the end.

Remembering the punch to his face, Tyler raised his hand and pressed two fingers to either side of his nose, hissing lightly when he applied a light pressure. It was worth it, he reminded himself, thinking of Pierce's mismatched eyes staring up at him, expression something like awe. It was so worth it.

To: James

So I wimped out and didn't tell him.

As he waited for a response, he pulled one of Pierce's blankets up to his nose, inhaling deeply. They smelt lightly like smoke, but more so the natural smell of Pierce. The shirt Tyler had borrowed smelled like that too. He was going to go home in it, he vowed.

From: James

Are you fucking serious.Tyler, we had this all planned out

To: James

Well then I got punched in the face, and the plan changed

From: James

Sorry about that, by the way. Why didn't you end up telling him?

To: James

It's fine. I'm not mad.

And it felt weird telling him I liked him while also telling him about how I was once in love with your dead brother. I'm planning on telling him today though

From: James

That's fair

Good luck

To: James

Thanks, but I doubt I'll need it. Yesterday worked out well. We had a good time ;)

The response he would get from James would undoubtedly consist of swearwords, complaints, and declarations of sickness, so Tyler clicked off his phone and finally climbed out of bed.

At some point after he had passed out, Pierce must have helped him into clean boxers. His shirt was the same one he had worn last night, and an inspection of the front of it told him he had somehow managed not to get cum on it. Even if he had, he'd still be stealing it.

He decided that he was decent enough to be seen by either of the Bradford's who occupied the apartment and moved towards the bedroom door. There were voices beyond it, indicating that both boys were awake, and his hand just landed on the doorknob when he heard his name spoken. He paused, listening closely.

"Shut up," Pierce snapped in response to whatever Garett has said, resulting in laughter from his older brother.

"I'm just teasing, I don't mind the cum stained sweatpants on the floor as long as you pick them up yourself," Garett claimed and Tyler felt his face get warm. "You know I'm happy for you. I like when it's Tyler and not those crazy people you bring home from the bar".