Chapter Twenty-Seven - Tyler

They left before they could see Kalen, Tyler hiding in the foyer as Pierce explained his abrupt absence as "my professor needs someone to help him out with a job and it's a really good opportunity". Since he was so horrible at lying, Tyler was thankful that no one had seen him come in. He had already texted James and told him to tell people he hadn't felt good and hadn't been able to come along.

His friend had responded with I'm not an idiot. I've been doing that the entire time. I figured you and Pierce wouldn't be staying long, and then, right after, I told you so, by the way.

Tyler had said, it bothers me that I can't come and hit you right now, but he knew that James wouldn't be fooled. In the end, Tyler was ridiculously happy that James had been right.

"Let's go," Pierce instructed shortly when he returned to him, pulling open the front door and waving Tyler through.

"You're sure you don't mind not seeing Kalen?" Tyler inquired, softly so the people in the sitting room wouldn't hear him. He moved through the door and paused on the porch as Pierce followed him through it. "He is your younger brother. I won't be offended if-"

"It's fine," Pierce cut in, moving down the porch steps. Tyler heisted to follow for a moment, just watching him go and wondering how the hell is he in love with me? When Pierce noticed Tyler wasn't behind him, he stopped and looked back at him, eyebrows raised. "What?"

"Nothing," Tyler said quickly, jumping down the stairs. "Just thinking".

"Oh," Pierce made a face, moving towards his car again once Tyler fell in step with him. "So that's something you've started to do now?"

Laughing, Tyler said, "fuck you".

"In like ten minutes you can," Pierce responded, smiling a little as he unlocked his car. The straightforwardness took Tyler by surprise, his mouth parting slightly to gape at the older man. "What? Are you embarrassed? What did you think we were gonna do?"

It took a minute to compose himself and Pierce waited, standing by the driver side door with his hand on the door handle. "I don't know," Tyler finally responded, which was a lie, since of course they were going to have sex. He walked around the car. "Talk about our feelings?"

It was a joke, so Tyler felt proud when Pierce actually laughed out loud as he slid into the driver's seat. Grinning, Tyler also go in, taking a deep breath as subtly as he could and humming at the familiar scent of smoke and cologne. "God, you're so annoying," Pierce groaned, but he was smiling so Tyler didn't take it to heart. "What have I gotten myself into?"

***

"How do you want to-" Pierce cut off when Tyler occupied his mouth with his tongue again, eagerly stealing his words. The second they had entered the apartment Tyler found himself pressed against the door, his hands gripping Pierce's shoulders tightly as the man lifted him with a grunt of effort and fastened Tyler's legs around his waist. They had been kissing for a few minutes when it began to get uncomfortable, each of their hardness straining against their zippers begging to be released. "Here or the bed?" Pierce managed when Tyler pulled away to gasp some more.

"God," he groaned, not listening to the question he was being asked, throwing his head back against the door and tightening his legs around Pierce's waist to better feel the erection pressed against his ass. Clothes felt unbearable to him then, so he reached out with desperate hands to push Pierce's coat off his shoulders. Once it was on the floor, Tyler's hands began to fumble with the buttons on the other man's shirt.

"Hey," Pierce said softly. "Tyler, look at me".

"I need to get this off," Tyler explained somewhat frantically, fingers giving up on trying to free the buttons and instead just pulling on the fabric. "I need-"