Chapter Twenty-Three - Pierce

"Hey," Garett greeted softly when he got home, shutting the door gently behind himself and holding up Pierce's jacket with his other hand. "I grabbed your jacket. Dad would have killed you if you lost it".

"Ugh, I know," Pierce groaned, dropping his head back against the arm of the couch. "Could you actually throw it over him? He's been shivering but anytime I try to get up he stirs". After talking about James's brother, they had laid together until the ice pack grew warm. Tyler had left him to throw it into the freezer for later before returning, this time sitting with his back against Pierce's chest and his head on his shoulder. It didn't take long before Tyler was sleeping, his body melting into Pierce's. Since then, Pierce had been unable to move, not that he minded much, but he wanted Tyler to be comfortable.

"Oh, sure," Garett agreed, coming over to the back of the couch and reaching over to drape the coat over Tyler's sleeping form. Instead of moving away, Garett propped his elbows up into the back of the couch and continued to lean over them, observing Tyler with slightly narrowed blue eyes. "He's really pretty".

"Hey," Pierce grumbled, less than pleased. Laughing, Garett straightened and left the couch, going to take a seat in one of the chairs.

"Calm down. I'm not saying I'd fuck him or anything. He's pretty but I'm still very much straight," Garett assured. "Just trying to see where you're coming from". Pierce grunted in understanding, turning his face down to look at Tyler's the best he could. "I'm guessing whatever happened with his nose is the reason why you left early".

"Yeah," Pierce growled, feeling himself get angry once more. When Daniel had first punched Tyler, all Pierce had thought about was kicking his brother's ass. How he refrained, he still didn't know. "Dan and Joe were fighting, and Daniel went to punch Joe and James pulled him out of the way so he hit Tyler instead".

"Damn," Garett said, laughter in his voice. "I'm surprised you didn't kill him right there".

"I am too," Pierce admitted. "Trust me, I wanted to".

"What'd you two do when you got here? Fuck?"

"No," Pierce denied, shaking his head. Against him, Tyler shifted, one of his hands grabbing Pierce's arm beneath his coat. "No, we talked".

"Ah. Did he explain his breakdown?"

"Yeah". Thinking about Tyler's confession and his feelings for James's brother, Pierce closed his eyes and hugged Tyler more tightly to him, tucking his face into Tyler's hair and inhaling. Garett seemed to realize the conversation was over because Pierce heard him get up and leave the room, retreating to his bedroom.

Pierce felt that he was going to fall asleep and knew he should probably take Tyler to his bedroom, but he was so comfortable and warm pinned beneath the other boy, and he didn't want to risk waking Tyler up, so thankful to see him sleeping. Happily, Pierce allowed his eyes to close, dropping his head back, content to fall asleep with his arms around the boy he loved.

***

At ten thirty at night, Tyler woke him up by shifting on top of him and moaning low in his throat. Pierce was dazed at first, blinking his eyes open slowly and wondering why the hell they were in the living room, but then Tyler moaned again and his eyes shot open in surprise.

"Tyler," He whispered. "Are you awake?" The lack of response answered the question for him, and the soft moan that left the boy's lips told Pierce what Tyler was dreaming of. "Tyler, wake up".

On top of him, Tyler shifted his hips back into Pierce's lap, making him groan and his fingers tightly grip Tyler's hips, holding him still. In response, Tyler whined out pathetically and pressed his head back against Pierce's shoulder as he arched off of him. "Fuck," Pierce breathed. "Tyler, wake up".