Chapter Twenty- Tyler

"It'll be nice to have you back," James said, kicking his feet up in Tyler's bed as he leaned as far back in his desk chair as possible. "My parents have been taking turns busing to work so I can drive myself to school and I think they'll be more than happy to have the car back."

"So my mom told you then," Tyler guessed, looking up from the notes James and brought him from school. While he got out of doing homework, he was still expected to be caught up on all the material when he returned to school on Monday.

"She texted me from the waiting room at the hospital to let me know you were going in to get cleared for school," James admitted, shrugging. "I assumed you would be since you said you've felt fine since Wednesday".

"And yet she still won't let me have my phone back".

"Yeah, that sucks," James agreed, peering at him over the top of his own cellphone. "You haven been in contact with Pierce at all, have you?"

"Nope," Tyler confirmed, shaking his head. "Yesterday mom said she'd allow us to be together, but she's still refusing to let me drive the car or use my phone, so I haven't been able to contact him at all".

"When do you get your phone back then?"

"Tomorrow," Tyler answered. In response, James made a face. "You don't need to look at me like that, I already know it doesn't make any sense. I'm just not going to fight with her over it though since she's being so accommodating with this whole I'm having sexual intercourse with a twenty one year old thing".

"Yeah," James agreed. "So are you going to text him once you have your phone back?"

This was something had thought about a lot since his mother had told him he could contact Pierce. He'd even lost a few hours of sleep over it, though he had managed to stay dormant until morning when his eyes finally closed around one. It was his first day on his medication, so he was hoping that in a few days he could get an entire night's sleep with no problem.

"Um, no. I don't think I will," he answered, chewing at his lower lip as James dropped his phone onto his lap to glare at him.

"Tyler, are you seriously-"

"I'm not never going to talk to him. I just want to do it in person," Tyler defended. "He's not going to be worrying about me or anything because my mom talked to him when she picked up my car and told him I was fine, so I'm just going to take this week to think of what to say, and then I'll talk to him at the Bradford's party next weekend.''

"Oh shit, that's right," James groaned, squeezing his eyes shut tightly. "Fuck".

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, just," James sighed and picked up his phone again, shaking his head. "Kalen canceled on me again this weekend but he promised me we'd see one another next weekend, but I can't not go to the Bradford's party".

"Why not?" Tyler asked. It was no secret that James hated the Bradford parties since they only included Bradford's that weren't his boyfriend, and he got bored when Tyler disappeared with Pierce for thirty to fifty minutes. Sometimes Mike came to keep James company, but he could only stay for increments of ten minutes or less before his father or brothers needed him. "Your parents would let you skip, wouldn't then?"

"They would," James agreed, still typing at his phone. "But they would have to lie to Mr. Bradford about where I was, because he can't know that I'm going to see Kalen, and I don't want to put them in that position. If Kalen and I get discovered and Mr. Bradford learns that Dad lied to him he might not be as forgiving towards my father as he was when he learned that I was dating Kalen and my dad knew about it. Not saying anything and blatantly lying are two different things".