Chapter Nine- Pierce

A/N I really like the content of this chapter, so I hope you all do too

"Get up".

"No".

"I'm serious Pierce, if you don't get your ass out of bed, I'm gonna-"

"You're gonna what?" Pierce asked, amused, lifting his head from his pillow to peer at the open door of his bedroom, where his brother was leaning with crossed arms.

"Or, I'm gonna make you," Garett said, and Pierce snorted, dropping his head and staring up at his ceiling. "Pierce, come on man. You said you'd go pick up lightbulbs a week ago, and I'm sick of sitting in the dark. We need light in the living room, man".

"Why don't you just do your homework in your bedroom?" Pierce suggested.

"Because I don't want to," Garett snapped, moving into PIerce's room and gripping his ankle, managing to tug him a foot down the bed before Pierce kicked him away. "Come on man. You can't keep doing this?"

"Doing what?" Pierce grumbled, turning onto his side, away from his brother. "I'm not doing anything".

"But you are," Garett accused. "You do this every time after Tyler comes over. For like two weeks and a half you're all mopey and in bed all the time and you don't do shit. Since it's only been a week, I am not dealing with this behavior for another week, so get your shit together. It's fucking annoying, okay, so get up off your ass, and go buy some fucking light bulbs".

"That's not true," Pierce grumbled weakly, even though it totally was, and they both knew it. "I just had a long day at class".

"You skipped half of the day," Garett pointed out and Pierce groaned loudly, rolling over onto his stomach and pressing his face into his pillow.

"I'm going to school to be an electrician. Class isn't that exciting".

"Hey, you're the one who chose the profession," Garett pointed out. "Since you skipped class you can do the electrician thing and go buy some light bulbs and change them".

"I'm actually looking to do work on a bit of a larger scale-"

"Pierce, I swear to fucking-"

"Alright, fine," Pierce snapped, kicking his legs much like a child would, but sitting up in bed nevertheless. "I'll go buy the fucking light bulbs".

Garett smiled in triumph. "Perfect. Thank you". He went to leave the room, but paused in the doorway to look over his shoulder. "Also, buy some air freshener while you're at it. You really need to stop smoking in here, man".

***

Piece threw eleven two packs of lightbulbs into the cart, cursing Garett more vigorously with each one. Yes, they really needed new light bulbs, and yes, Pierce had promised to take care of it a while back, but he was still annoyed that he had been forced out of bed in the middle of his nap to go shopping, so Pierce was going to buy enough light bulbs that this wouldn't be a problem for at least another three years.

He was hoping it would majorly piss Garett off when he came home with five bags of lightbulbs, but he had a feeling his older brother would end up laughing at him as he usually did in response to Pierce's passive aggressive actions.

With an annoyed huff at this, Pierce began pushing the car down the aisle, wondering where exactly he would find bottles of air freshener in the home improvement store. He began to weave down the aisles, stopping every couple of minutes when he noticed something interesting, making sure to take his time to spite his brother. It wasn't hard to get distracted there, he realized, after spending ten minutes looking at different kinds of bathroom vents, wondering if there was a possible way to install one into his bedroom so he could continue to smoke in there without getting yelled at.