Chapter Two- Pierce

A/N It's Pierce's point of view! I thought it would be really hard to write this book without it. I hope you enjoy chapter two!

Tyler- Freshman

Pierce- Senior

It was a surprise to no one that Pierce hated high school. He hated the classes and the people and the fact that his father owned the entire fucking school and people tiptoed around him because of it. He hated the fact that the triplets were old enough to go to school with him— and so was Kalen now, Jesus Christ— and that they had no qualms about annoying the shit out of him in public.

Pierce hated high school, and he feared that this year, his senior year, was going to be the worst one of all. It wasn't that he was taking difficult classes, or that Kalen's presence at the lunch table would be bothersome to him. No. None of these things were going to make his school life any worse.

The thing was that, while Pierce hated school, he found it tolerable for a single reason: his brother Garett.

Garett was usually the one who kept Pierce sane. When the triplets would get particularly annoying— many times to the point of Pierce contemplating hurting them (though it was mostly just Joe)— it was always Garett who jumped in and diverted their attention elsewhere. When people accidentally referred to him as Mr. Bradford it was Garett who easily laughed it off and corrected them before Pierce could growl something about the name and his distaste for his father.

His brother Garett had started college a week ago. He wouldn't be attending Edgewood with Pierce this year.

It was going to be his first day of school without Garett since the last day of eighth grade, and he didn't know how he was going to managemanage. There were so many things to worry about, all the old things, people, the triplets, his teachers, as well and one new thing, perhaps his biggest concern of all.

Kalen. Fucking Kalen.

While he was positive Kalen was ready for high school, Pierce wasn't ready for all of the things Kalen would be introduced to. High school meant first experiences with drinking and sex– at least, it had meant all of those things for Pierce. He wasn't ready for Kalen to deal with those things, but he didn't know how he was going to keep him away from them. There was a definite possibility that he would be a danger to any female who approached his brother, especially without Garett there to calm or stop him.

"You look so angry right now," Joe accused, reaching across the center consul of his car to poke a finger into his cheek. Pierce directed a glare at his younger brother, one that would have frozen anyone outside of his family, and slapped the hand away. Not for the first time, he wondered why Joe had gotten the front. Michael was the oldest of the triplets, and most definitely Pierce's favorite— though he didn't really mind Daniel's whole silent thing he had going on— but he had been unwilling to fight with Joe for the seat and had simply crawled into the back with Kalen and Daniel that morning. "Why do you look angry? You're a senior. You can do whatever you want-"

"I could always do whatever I wanted," Pierce grumbled, thinking briefly about the cigarettes in the glove compartment, his fingers itching for one. They usually helped him stay unbothered when Joe was speaking to him, but he also wasn't supposed to smoke in his car.

"Do you miss Garett?" Kalen inquired softly from the back, raising his golden eyes to meet Pierce's through the rear view mirror. He seemed at ease with the situation, unconcerned for his first day at a new school.

"I don't miss anyone," Pierce grumbled, turning his face to look out of his window. It was kind of true. He didn't really miss Garett; he was just worried about what was going to happen without him. "I miss silence".