Chapter Five - Tyler

A/N Sorry this one took so long. School sucks, that's all I can say. This is probably the last one I'm going to be posting until I edit the entire rest of the story and post the rest of the chapters all together, but you never know with me. 

Tyler- Junior 

Pierce- First year technical school

When Tyler woke up, it occurred to him that he was wrapped tightly around Kalen, pulling the smaller boy into his chest and drawing from his warmth. "Oh," he said, voice scratchy from it not being used for the last couple of hours. On the other side of the pull out mattress, James sat up and looked down at him, a smile on his face.

"Finally awake?" He teased. Groaning, Tyler rolled into his back, pulling his arm off of Kalen's waist. Immediately, the black haired boy rolled over towards him, dropping his hand onto his shoulder. Tyler yawned.

"Do you feel any better?" Kalen inquired. "You drooled on me so you better feel better".

"M' sorry," Tyler managed, feeling too groggy to have a full conversation. "Still tired". He hadn't been able to sleep the last couple of nights, his thoughts on Ace and Pierce and other things that confused him. The couple of hours was probably the best sleep he had in days, curled around James's boyfriend on his pull out sofa. "Ugh, fuck. I didn't mean to spoon you".

"It's fine," Kalen assured, patting his chest twice reassuringly before pulling off his shoulder and shifting his body backwards until it was tucked against James's. An arm snaked securely around the other boys waist, and James wore a smitten expression, winking at Tyler when their eyes met over Kalen's shoulder. "I greatly enjoyed my time sandwiched between two attractive men. It's like a dream come true".

Tyler raised his eyebrows and James scoffed before digging his fingers into Kalen's sides, making him laugh. With a sigh, Tyler turned his face away and looked up at the ceiling. His eyelids were still heavy with sleep, and he wanted nothing more than to fall back into it, but he knew he wouldn't be able to if he tried. Sleep wasn't something that came easily to him.

"Hey man," James began as soon as his attention shifted from Kalen to him. "You should probably check your phone. It rang a few times while you were out, and I didn't want to try and fish through your pocket to get it".

Oh shit. His mother. "Why didn't you wake me up?" He demanded, scrambling to free his cell phone from his pocket, anticipating the wrath he was about to face. The time on the screen told him it was two thirty— which couldn't possibly be right— and he had ten missed calls from the scariest woman in his life.

"You were sleeping," James defended. "You never get to. I thought you'd rather sleep in-"

"It was my mother," Tyler explained, already calling her back, and James fell silent. He didn't fully understand how uptight Tyler's mother could be, but he at least had a clue. The fact that he had left for school but not actually gone to school would be a serious offense, even though he hadn't been initially planning on skipping.

"Where are you?" She demanded. "The school called me four hours ago—"

"I'm sorry," he cut in quickly, sitting up and pushing a hand through his hair. "I was going to call and tell you I took your suggestion to stay home".

"But you didn't stay home," she pointed out, and his eyebrows raised. His mother had spa plans with one of her friends that afternoon, and she was typically gone for hours on those occasions. She shouldn't have been home yet.

"Um-"

"I went home to yell at you for not having me call you in and you weren't there," she explained. Tyler closed his eyes. Any other day, he would have remembered to call his mother and avoided this, but he had a terrible night, and it was not just any other day.