Epilogue -Tyler

One and a half years later (A/N because I know you guys love it when I do that)

"Why aren't they here yet?" Piece grumbled, his fingers pulling anxious knots into the white shoelace on his lap. It was something they were trying to help him stop fidgeting so much after quitting smoking, and it also served to make Tyler aware of every time the other man got nervous. Since Pierce still wasn't one to address his vulnerability, this was a good bonus.

Sighing, Tyler reached over and pushed his hand into Pierce's, disrupting his shoelace tying. "They're on their way," he assured, squeezing Pierce's fingers. "James told me they were running a little late. Kalen got distracted unpacking his stuff from school so he wasn't ready when James went to pick him up". Nodding, Pierce stared straight ahead, eyes glassy. "It's going to be okay, you know".

"I know," he agreed before adding, "idiot," as an after thought. Tyler smiled. "It's just... Kalen's going to freak out".

"Kalen's not-"

"He is," Pierce interrupted, squeezing Tyler's hand again. "He will. It's what he does. Remember when we told him we were moving in together last summer and he flipped shit".

Tyler could very clearly remember this, could still recall Kalen's large gold eyes and his voice when he said, "you've been dating for five months, what do you mean he's going to live with you".

"Okay," Tyler agreed, nodding his head. He looked across the table at the two empty seats across from them, and then down at his mug of green tea. "So Kalen's going to freak out. What's it matter?"

Pierce was quiet for a second, and then he looked over at him, eyes slightly larger than usual. He wore his hair a little longer than he had a year ago, a little messier and unkept since he no longer needed his father's money to pay for haircuts. "I guess it doesn't, but I don't really feel like dealing with it, you know? He got really persistent when we moved in together".

"So". Tyler shrugged. "It's not like he can actually talk us out of anything".

"Right, I know this. I'm just worried that he's going to be coming to the apartment all the time to try and talk some sense into us now that it's summer and he's off of school," Pierce pointed out. Now this was something Tyler hadn't thought of, and it gave him pause. While he loved Kalen very much, the younger boy could be annoying when it came to their relationship, assuming that because Tyler was one of his close friends, and Pierce was his brother, that he had some sort of right to give his advice, warranted or not.

"You know... maybe we should move," Tyler suggested. Amused, Pierce huffed out a little laugh and took his hand back to begin tying knots again. "You think I'm joking, but we should totally upgrade to a house... get a backyard where Garett can play".

"He is a successful buisman who makes three times my salary, not a dog," Pierce responded lightly, though it was clear he was trying not to laugh.

"While this is true, he still lives in a shitty apartment with his brother and his-"

"Hi guys!" Kalen greeted, pulling out the chair across from Tyler. Tyler shut his mouth with an audible snap, loudly clearing his throat.

"Welcome back," Tyler managed, smiling at the golden eyed boy. The nerves were starting to get to him as well.

"Thanks. What were you talking about?"

"The fact that Garett still lives with us," Pierce answered easily, his eyes lifting from the string in his lap for a second as James took the seat across from him. "You look like death".

"Thanks," James responded, raising his hand to rub at his tired eyes. "I woke up right before I left to pick up Kalen. Moving out of our dorm yesterday was a pain, and then my mom insisted we unpack everything last night so she could get it out of the living room".