The Truth Comes Out

I woke up feeling like the prettiest girl in the world. Then I got up and looked in the mirror. It changed everything. Then I looked down at my wrist and I broke. Then I felt two arms wrap around me from behind. I tried to hide them but it was too late.

"Oh my gosh Bri" my heart stopped. I messed it up. What's wrong with me. "Why do you do this baby?" A tear rolled down my cheek. "Bri talk to me babe"

I just turned around and cried into his chest.

"Nash I'm so sorry you had to see this"

"Hey look at me" I looked at him even though I could barely see because I was crying. One tear rolled down his cheek.

"Please don't ever do this again" those words don't help me. He may think they do but really nothing helps. "Nash you don't understand. It's like smoking. It's hard to quit. And once you're hurt and start. There's no going back" I said with a shaky voice.

"No one is ever gonna hurt you again, baby. I'm gonna protect you. What did you do this with?"

"A blade"

"Please please please. I'm begging you to let me have it or them. Please bab-"

"Okay I'll do it for you. And my family. And Jack. Both Jack's"

"Thank you Nash"

I hugged him again tight and asked him to leave so I could take a shower. My shower was only about 5 minutes. I got out and dried my hair. And put on my khaki shorts with a pink and white polka-dotted tank top. I didn't even wear make up. I just brushed my hair out and left the bathroom to find nash sitting on my bed with breakfast.

"I cooked it for you. JJ told me over-easy eggs with French toast and bacon was your favorite."

"Now I get to test out your cooking!" I laughed.

"Oh you're gonna love it!"

"Thank you Nash. Again"

"No thank you Bri"

"For what?"

"For being alive. For living. For stopping something just for a boy you just met. For being nice."

"You're welcome Nash but I wouldn't be any of those things if it weren't for you."

Just then he grabbed my cheek and started to get closer. I pulled back.

"Nash-"

"I know I'm sorry it is too early. It was just in the moment. I'm sorry."

"No it's just I've never done this. I mean had my first kiss well had a boy who liked me for that matter."

"I wouldn't know why you're beautiful and nice and everything a guy looks for in a girl"

"I'm sorry Nash I just wasn't ready yet"

"It's okay. We can take it slow if that's what you want to do. I can wait for you."

"Thank you Nash. I've told you a lot. And I'll tell you a million times. I'm so glad you all came this summer"

"Me too"

We got up from my bed and went down stairs. When we walked in everyone looked at us.

"What did yall do last night?" Cameron smirked.

"Oh Shutup Cameron." Everyone started laughing but hayes. I felt bad so I drug him outside to talk to him.

Hayes: what did you and nash really do?

Bri: Honestly Hayes he helped me a lot.

Hayes: How? What did he do?

Bri: He...He helped me with.

I couldn't take it anymore I held up my wrist to show Hayes.

Hayes: Oh my gosh Bri.

Bri: yeah that's exactly what he said. But he helped me and he has my blade. I don't know what he's gonna do with it. But I'm done Hayes.

Hayes started crying. I got up and left. This is too much crying for one day. I'm done. This is why I don't tell anyone and why I don't want people to know about me. I don't like attention. It makes me more worried. I just needed a get away.

"Cameron how old are you?"

"20 why?"

"Will you come with me to drive. I can't drive without an adult."

He didn't even answer I just grabbed his wrist and pulled him to my car.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know I just need to let off some steam."