septem

The next few days passed in ignorant bliss

The next few days passed in ignorant bliss. The children of the royals continued to further their friendship, healing old wounds between Thor and Loki, and strengthening the bond between Dahlia and Fleur. They played little games, they showed the Gods other melodies without the presence of their father, and even taught Thor an old song.

And Loki only grew fonder of the Princess. The soft angelic Elf who was innocent and pure, in this sinful ways, captivated him. Loki had feelings for the Elf that despite his best efforts to ignore, they simply only grew more.

On the last night of their visit, Dahlia and Loki has decided to have some fun. They dragged both Fleur and Thor from their beds in the middle of the night, and snuck out of the palace.

Dressed in their shortest dresses, and moss towels to dry themselves, they snuck towards the crystal lake. Silent laughter filled the air as they all tried their best not to make noise. In truth, they all felt rebellious as they made their way. They longed for some fun before the Asgardian's had to leave.

When they got to the lake in the open field, the moonlight lit it up in the most beautiful way.  Dahlia dropped the moss towels that she had carried and ran into the warm water. She felt as if the day was washing away from her with each step she took into the water.

"Is it cold?" Fleur called out to her sister.

"No, it is perfect." Dahlia smiled and sank further into the lake.

Thor was also quick walk into the water, dressed in only his knickers. And Loki, less confident, followed his brother into the water.

Fleur was the last to walk into the water. She was always very weary.

Dahlia loved to swim; she spent a lot of time in the lake when she was younger. She hadn't been in it since she had come of age; though she longed for it all the time.

Escaping the palace and swimming under the pale moon was the most perfect way to end the visit from the Asgardian's, as tomorrow they would leave in the early morning to return to their realm. Although it saddened them all, no one spoke of it.

"There are so many stars." Fleur pointed out.

Dahlia's legs left the sandy bottom of the lake and she allowed herself to float on top of the water. What Fleur had said was true, the galaxy was in complete display. The sight nearly took her breathe away.

"It is so beautiful." She whispered to herself.

"Will we ever you see again?" Fleur then asked; the first to speak of their departure tomorrow.

"Of course, little one." Thor told her. In the days that had passed, he grew fond of the child Elf. He thought of her as a younger sister. "We will see each other very soon."

Dahlia knew that Thor could very be telling Fleur that to make her feel better. The Light Elves hardly ever left Alfheim, and the Gods of Asgard wouldn't make rounds on the realms for another few hundred years. Things would be so different the next time they saw each other; if there was a next time.