vīgintī quīnque

Dahlia was staring up at the golden ceiling, her eyes fixated on the perfectly perfect tiles, all but one

Dahlia was staring up at the golden ceiling, her eyes fixated on the perfectly perfect tiles, all but one. The one in the very center had a small knick in it. It wasn't very noticeable, but she kept staring at it anyway.

The morning sun had already begun to rise, the last pink coloring of the sunrise had already faded into the blue. But Dahlia could not bring herself to move from the bed, or move her eyes from the ceiling.

Slow tears slipped down the sides of her face and she had finally came to the realization; she would be wed today.

It had been two weeks since they announced the wedding and coronation. Two full weeks of spending days with Thor; preparing to become Queen.

Now was the day. Her fate was waiting for her. Dahlia did not want to answer.

The Princess was lying naked on the bed, warm covers over her and a cold arm wrapped around her. Her body was relaxed and calm, even if her head wasn't.

The God of Mischief was lying next to her, in a dreamless sleep. His hair was hiding his face from her, but she was not truly looking. She thought only of the white gown that stood in the corner of the room, and how tonight a different man would be lying in the bed next to her.

She finally moved her eyes from the ceiling when she felt cool lips press against her small shoulder. Her head turned slowly and she looked at the man that she loved.

Memories of last night filled her mind and she blushed before looking away. The night before they had moved their relationship into a next step, one Dahlia had never thought of, but now longed for it any time.

"Good morning." Loki told her, but they both knew that it was not good. His eyes were still red from last night and she could see the sad look in his eyes.

"Hello."

"Do not worry. I have a plan."

"One that you will not share with me."

"It is for the best. You will know when it is time."

Dahlia sighed and looked back at the ceiling. The Princess had never felt sadness like this before; she hated it. And Loki hated it for her; but he knew that things would turn out for the better for her.

"They will be arriving to get me ready any moment now." Dahlia told him. Asta was already on her way.

Loki let out a sigh and moved closer to his Princess. "I promise you, things will work out. My plan is a bit unorthodox but it will work. It has to."

"I do not know what that means."

The God of Mischief smiled sweetly. "I am afraid I may do something that is a bit on the unusual side, but it is for you. Remember that."

Dahlia nodded softly and leaned towards him to give him a kiss. "As long as you are in this bed tonight, and not your brother. I will be happy."

"You will be happy. I promise." Loki told her, though it broke his heart. After tonight, he may never see her again. But it was worth it if it meant her happiness.

"I love you, Dahlia." Loki told her, the same thing that he told her last night.

Dahlia smiled and felt a fluttering in her stomach, the same as the one from last night. "I love you, too."

Then there was a knock at the door. They both looked at it for a moment before turning back to each other. Loki could see the worry in her eye. "Don't worry, it will be okay."

His lips pressed against hers for a moment before he disappeared and Dahlia was left alone in the room.

The door opened and Asta walked into the room. She had a small smile on her face. "Hello, Princess Dahlia. Are you ready to begin your day?"

And at that, Dahlia broke out into tears.