vīgintī quattuor

The tip of the arrow head hit directly into the red marking

The tip of the arrow head hit directly into the red marking. Fifty feet away, Dahlia stood tall. She relaxed her arm and loosened her grip on the bow. A firm line set across her face, she did not smile.

"My Lady," Sif said with shook. "I was not aware you could shoot."

"Archery is one of the Light Elves talents." Dahlia did not look at the warrior. She pulled another arrow from the sleeve and once again hit the marking. "My people have been archers since before the Great War. My mother is the best. I was taught from a young age. Once I came of age, I did not practice anymore."

Sif nodded distastefully. She did not care for the Princess; she hated her in fact. The pull that Light Elves had on minds did not effect Sif in the slightest. The Lady Warrior did not like Dahlia and she did not like the betrothal between her and the God that she favored.

The very same God stood behind Dahlia, with surprise evident on his face. The only one that would not be surprised was Loki, and that was because he had been fascinated by the Light Elves for centuries.

Thor clapped his hands together and looked at the Princess. "You are very talented, Princess. Perhaps I shall gift you a bow and arrow made of gold on our wedding day." He didn't mean to be rude, he only meant it as a joke. He felt that if they made light of the situation, it would help.

Neither Dahlia or Sif liked it, and Thor received looks from both of them.

"I will not accept gifts." Dahlia said. Then she realized that Sif did not know of their unhappiness. She turned to look at Thor and said words that had very little meaning to her. "Our marriage will be a gift enough."

Thor knew that she did not mean the words, but it still got to him. He understood that Dahlia was unhappy. He was the lucky one; he was to be wed to the most beautiful creatures he had ever seen. Perhaps if Loki had not been in the picture, Thor would be trying to woo her himself.

He thought then what it would have been like if it was him who felt for the Elf first. If it had been him that Dahlia fell for instead of Loki, perhaps they would be celebrating instead of being angry. He could imagine being with her; in more ways than just physical.

She was beautiful, and she would make a wonderful wife and a mother. Thor knew that she would keep him on his feet, she wouldn't allow for him to sink into his childish ways.

But she cared for Loki, and Thor knew that he could never do that to his brother.

"Let me give it a go." Thor took the bow from Dahlia and tried his best to use it.

The arrow not only missed the center, but missed the target in total.

Dahlia tried her best not to laugh while Sif laughed loudly.

Thor looked at the bow before handing it back to Dahlia. "It is stupid. Too light weight. My hammer is better." The hammer was in the God's hand for a second before it was thrown at the target, completely destroying it. Then it was back in Thor's hand. "See?"