duodēvīgintī

The next morning, Asta was the first to see the Princess after she had awoken

The next morning, Asta was the first to see the Princess after she had awoken. The Light Elf was exhausted, more so than she had been in her entire life. Her eyes were heavy, her body sore, and she did not like the uncomfortableness that it brought her.

Though the memories of the night before left her with a smile on her face and she felt like she was floating. Having never experienced these kinds of feelings, the Princess was overjoyed by them. Every new one was exciting. She loved it.

So when Asta woke the sleeping beauty , Dahlia was more than excited to share with her friend the night she had before.

"Oh it was just lovely, Asta. I wish you could have seen in. The celebration for Prince Thor was so beautifull." Dahlia gushed to her friend.

They had already begun a bath in the bathing chambers. The water was warm with bubbles floating in the surface and a floral scent filled the air.

Dahlia allowed Asta to help her step out of her night gown. Dahlia felt no shame in standing naked in front of her friend; as on Alfheim they felt no shame. They were all female; there was no reason to hide.

The water was warm against her skin when she sank into the bathing tub. Asta sat beside her and began to pour the water over the Princess' hair.

"And of Loki?" Asta asked the question that she had been dying to ask since she woke the Princess up.

Dahlia smiled at that and closed her eyes. "It was wonderful. We danced and had a very nice time. We are lovers now."

Asta paused and raised an eyebrow; a hint of smile on her face. "Lovers? And how did that come about?"

"I decided that we were after you told me what lovers were. Loki and I do all the things that lovers do, aside from the intimate embraces. Until last night."

The handmaiden's eyes went wide. "What?"

"He gave me a kiss last night. On my lips. It was quite funny. I liked it though."

Asta let out a sigh of relief. For a moment she believed that Dahlia had been bed last night. She felt Dahlia was much to young and innocent for that. "Only a kiss?"

Dahlia nodded. "And it was very wonderful. I did not know that it would feel like that. It was very different from how my mother or sister have kissed me. It was on the lips too."

Asta smiled at that and poured soap onto her hair. "It was different because you favor him."

Dahlia opened her eyes and looked the the golden ceiling. "Do you think he will kiss me again?"

"Oh, I have no doubt."

Later, after they shared a meal in the Princess' chambers, when Dahlia was putting on one of her Alfheim gowns, there was a knock on the door.

Asta moved from the table and Dahlia finished dressing. When the door opened, Frigga stepped into the room. She looked as beautiful as ever in a royal gown and curled hair pulled away form her face.

"Queen Frigga," Dahlia smiled and ran up to her. "How are you this morning?" She asked as she set her hands on the arm of the Queen.

Frigga laughed, "I am very well. And you?"

"Very, very well. To what do I owe this pleasure?" Dahlia asked the Queen, wondering what it was that brought her here.

"I have come to inform you that both Prince's will be needed with their father today. I thought that you would like to accompany me in a walk around the gardens." Frigga asked. She wanted to spend time with her; and to find out where her and her son disappeared to the night before.

Dahlia nodded, excited that the Queen wanted to spend time with her. "I would love to. Shall we go now?"

The Queen looked at Dahlia. "Would you like to put on shoes?"

Dahlia shook her head. "Oh, no. Walking in the garden is most joy able without. You should do it too!" She grew excited.

Frigga smiled at the Elf, seeing very clearly what Loki saw in her. And then she slipped out of the sandals she was wearing and kicked them by the wall. "Very well."

The garden was more beautiful than Dahlia could have imagined. The flowers were bright and beautiful, and birds flew around in the warm air. She could smell the water and she was simply in love with the area.

The Queen enjoyed looking at the Princess as she took everything in. Frigga saw the pure innocence in her eyes. She felt an admiration for her. Dahlia seemed to be the daughter that the Queen always wanted, but never received. Dahlia was kind and beautiful, sweet and innocent. She was smart too, only in different ways than one would expect. She saw the world very differently from how everyone else did.

And Frigga wanted Dahlia and her youngest to wed. She wished more than anything that Odin would give up his plans on wedding Thor and Dahlia. She knew how much that would destroy Loki, and she never wanted him to feel that way. She would do anything in her power to keep Odin from getting what he wanted.

"My sweet child," Frigga said then to the Princess. "I must ask, where is it that you and Loki ran off to during the celebration last night."

Dahlia took a flower in her hand and held in to her nose for a moment. It was a beautiful green flower; resembling that of a rose. It reminded her of someone.

"He took me to his chambers and we looked at the book of Light Elves. He kissed me too, and now we are lovers." Dahlia told the Queen. Then she remembered that the Queen was his mother. "I am so sorry, I did not mean to..." She trailed off. She was not sure what she apologized for.

"It is alright. I am happy for you." The Queen had not expected for Dahlia to reveal that much. But she was happy for her son. "You care for my son very deeply."

Dahlia slowly nodded. "I do not fully understand the feelings quite yet but I know that they are strong. I have never once thought of what being courted was like. Not until him."

"When did you feel this way?"

"I do not know, in truth. I cannot remember when I first felt the strong emotions. I only remember feeling them. He used his magic to show me them, to help me understand. I couldn't name them, you see." Dahlia ran a hand along another green flower. "May I pick this?" She asked the Queen.

Frigga nodded. "You may. You may have as many as you would like." She watched as she picked the flower, noticing the way that a small flower bulb was in its place. A new one was already growing. "And has he told you how he feels?"

Dahlia paused at her question; she did not know if Loki would like her telling Frigga of his feelings. Dahlia was not stupid, she knew that Loki sheltered himself from people.

"He did. Though that shall remain between us." Dahlia told the Queen with a light tone, meaning no offense.

Frigga only smiled and nodded. She looked up and saw the sun was in the middle of the sky. She realized she has grown hungry. "Would you like to share a meal together?"

Dahlia nodded. "Yes, I would."