八 | Chapter 8 | Arc 0.8

❝𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖❞

𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

The gentle snapping of twigs and crunch of gravel suggested perhaps a deer or a rabbit was moving in the black shadows of the forest edge. Yet the beast was neither.

Their breath came in small spurts, hot and nervous. At the boy's sides, fingers curled into sweaty fists, swinging forward as if it would make him faster. Behind him, he could hear the baying howls and jeering laughter of  their enemies.

❝Reina, What are they?!❞

Mud smeared his sweaty face as sweat dripped from his hair. 

Ghouls! They are the kind of the demons who eat corpse of the dead but I don't know why they are after us for!❞

❝So they're the same as the rest of them-❞

❝No! Sunlight won't kill them!❞

The moment the girl's statement registers itself, made his blood ran cold.

❝W-What should we do?❞

❝We just have to survive till sunrise!❞

Sunrise?! Reina, we don't know how long will that be!❞ He cried aloud, throwing himself forward with even greater abandon. His lungs and heart were pumping, but the air didn't seem to be enough as he sprinted forward, panic trembling in his exhausted limbs.

❝I know! But we need to escape from them first and then we will think of a plan or something...❞

It was turning out to be one of the worst nightmares that they just wish they will wake up to found it was just a bad dream yet they couldn't. The once peaceful forest have become an endless maze with a horrible, ear-piercing screeh echoing throughout the dark woods.

The noise immediately called them out, alerting them which cause them to sprinted forwards despite their exhausted limbs were shaking underneath them and that's when the screeh came again.