二十四 | Chapter 24 | Arc 0.24

❝𝕃𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥: 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕦𝕡 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕤❞

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Their feet slip outwards on the falling leaves as they round the corner, the cold night air shocking their throat and lungs as she watched they inhale deeper, faster. Is that why they told her to covered her mouth? With their each footfall a jarring pain shoots ankle to knee, ankle to knee.

Perhaps jumping that tree onto tree while being chased by a demon who was physically destroying everything wasn't so smart. Their heart beats frantically, all or nothing. Fail and their whole body will pay the price, run and the damage is limited mostly to their ankles and knees yet they still continue to run while carrying the two girls.

❝I know it's cold but please hold it for a little longer and I will dropped you off near the wisteria flowers!❞ The masked figure stated, yelling at the top of their lungs through the loud screams of the demon behind them.

❝B-But what about you?❞ The other girl asked as they moved, avoiding the tree from crushing them down with brownish dust surrounding the area but they use it as an opportunity to get through, unseen by the demon.

❝it's doesn't matter! all I need is to get the two of you to safety, away from here!❞ They stopped on their tracks, creating a small trail of dust as they quickly went over the land of rocks, hiding themselves in between them.

The earth underneath them begin to shake violently, alarming them of the demon approaching and it's near ❝Come out, you damn brats!

At the sound of the demon's roar, the girls covered their mouths, trying to calm their breathing down so they won't give their hiding spots away. The masked figure immediately tighten their grips on the girls, sensing the demon's presence right behind the rock they were hiding from him.

❝The brat with the floral pattern kimono, your weakness is your emotions❞ At this, the masked figure pulled both of the girls close, slowly standing up as the demon continued.