二十三 | Chapter 23 | Arc 0.23

❝𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕜𝕤. 𝕎𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕝𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕟❞

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

| Fujikasane Mountain, The Final Selection |

The sky was black tranquility married to a poetry of stars. It was the softness that called body and brain to rest and let the heart go to its steady rhythm. Night came as a reward of sorts, a restfulness above to calm the soul yet to those who are aware of the existence of demons. Their souls will never be calm during the night.

Running through the dark forest, dirt covered her clothes and face yet there was no injuries to be found ❝This is the last night... If I survive a little longer...❞

Her aqua eyes scanned her surroundings as she ran, trying to sense any demon nearby but the result was silence. Only the sound of her footsteps meeting the earth rapidly as if she was in a rush, her breathing was calm and steady despite all the efforts to survive.

❝ Help!!❞

A scream. A desperate cries for help causing Makomo to stopped on her tracks, surprise took over her expression. Scanning her surroundings once, trying to pinpoint where the scream was coming from.

A large set of footsteps causing the earth underneath her to shake, alarmed her the presence of a nearby demon and it was larger than the ones she had encountered so far. There was another set of footsteps but it was smaller and quieter than the other.

❝We weren't told by this kind of demon here!❞

A girl seemingly around her age screamed, her face was pale, an expression of fear and terror as she ran for her life, almost tripping over her own feets. Being the kind-hearted girl she is, Makomo immediately dash forward when she saw the girl tripped over and fall down onto the earth.

❝Breath of Water, Second Form: Water Wheel!❞ Makomo leaps and spins in the air while releasing an flowing attack in a circular motion, cutting the arm off from grabbing the girl as she land in front of the falling girl, protecting her from the demon in front.