二十一 | Chapter 21 | Arc 0.21

❝𝕊𝕦𝕔𝕔𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝, 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕝𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕒𝕝: 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕦𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕤❞

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

The yellow ball of fire changed to hues of orange, and then almost tangerine. It merged with the sky, like juice-mix dissolving in a glass of water. The clouds were cotton-candy, as though they blushed at the warm touch of the sun.

Silhouettes of birds flew home across a sky that was now magenta and the sun was half into the water, but its reflection in the sea made it look complete. The mauve of the dusky sky intensified, and in just a while, the biggest star had set, giving way to a thousand others.

Soft footsteps echoed softly around the forest, climbing up the mountain as large hand held small one. Looking up at the elder man, curious to find out the reason to why they were here for. The rest of the children didn't returned to their home even after the sunset was no longer visible.

❝Jiichan, where are we going?❞

The masked man, Urokodaki glance over his shoulder towards the child, turning his eyes back onto the path ❝You will know soon enough❞

❝Okay...❞ She mumbles, following right behind him as he lead the way carefully as possible, letting the night sky blooms itself around them, covering the forest with the faint moonlights glowing upon them.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

The road is midnight under the cloud, yet beyond is the dawn. As the sun sets, its rising is already promised to the land, to the green shoots who wait in faith. The stars in the sky were nonexistent, as between them arose puffs of gray. Those balls of cotten seen during the day shifted into streams of gray the color of ash and soot.

They blanketed the sky, hiding the full moon in it's full glory behind them. But the moon fought, oh how it fought to shine it's light on the earth. But the clouds stretched over the sky, giving it a hazy ominous feel.

The sky is a negative image of its daytime beauty, midnight blue with clouds swirling like spilled black ink in water. In the daytime the clouds are so brilliant, so pure white, that even the palest of sky is the darker of the two...