Prologue: The Sacred Demon

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

Japan,
Taisho era,
November

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Demon

That was the first word she had ever learned to describe herself as.The only word, she knew in her whole life, that described her perfectly even though she didn't know how to speak or understand the true meaning of it.

❝Take her and make sure she never existed in the first place!❞

The man who was holding her small hand, her father shouted to an unfamiliar man as he dragged her away from the village. Who was he? She didn't know. Why was he here? She didn't know about that either. The only thing she knew was that her father had brought her out of the house, her mother always liked to trap her in. After all, she was... Their little curse that was meant to be hidden away from the world.

❝Here!❞ The man whispered as he gave a small bag, containing something heavy, to the other man in a black coat. ❝Half for now and half for when the job is done. Make sure no one find her body and you better not let a single soul hears any words about this!❞

Not understanding a single word between the conversation of the two men, the little girl turned away her head to see waterdrops falling to the ground, wetting the earth as if it was crying tears. It was raining tonight....The little girl wondered to herself if she was even capable of doing something such as emotions.

The girl extended her frail, little and dirty hand to touch the droplets falling to the ground. Her dull eyes went towards the sky above her. It was grey... just like the world all around her had always been. Is the world meant to be colourful, she wonder?

❝Just take her and be quick about it!❞

Her body was suddenly pushed towards the other man. The sudden force caused the small girl's frail and malnourished body to fall into the mud with a splash. They had expected her to cry, the girls her age
usually did, but she didn't utter a word and stood up like nothing had happened.