03. hera

*i made a little aesthetic for hera*

The youngest of the sisters, but considered the eldest as she came out first out of the three sisters

The youngest of the sisters, but considered the eldest as she came out first out of the three sisters. She was known to be absolutely gorgeous, and was the Goddess of Marriage, Family, Women, Childbirth, Heirs, Kings and Empires, as well as the Queen of the Gods as wife of Zeus. Her sacred animals were the Helfer, the Peacock and the Cuckoo.

But Hera had an attitude problem, and so she spent a few years with Oceanus and his wife. After seeing the marriage they had, she wanted something like that, and she decided that she was going to save herself for the right person.

But, she had heard about her sister Demeter's troubles with men, and so she was cautious, but she didn't want to be like Hestia. She wanted a husband, children, a family.

Zeus being typical Zeus, pursued her, and she kept resisting. Eventually, she agreed, but only after making him promise to be a faithful husband, and he accepted. But because he didn't swear on the River Styx, the promise wasn't binding, and we all know he broke that promise countless times.

They were happily married for three hundred years, Zeus being faithful till then, but he got tired of it. Zeus' children from countless lovers began showing up, and Hera was so pissed, she decided she was going to have a child all by herself... somehow.

It worked? in a way? She had a child, but he looked misshapen, with a bent and shriveled legs, covered in black hair patches. She was so horrified by this child that she tossed him out of her window in the castle atop Mount Olympus. This child was known as Hephaestus.