08. aphrodite

*i made a little aesthetic for aphrodite*

Yet again, another Goddess that we have spoken about briefly

Yet again, another Goddess that we have spoken about briefly. We spoke about how she was born from the genitals of Ouranus, and she was older than all the other Olympians.

Aphrodite was the Goddess of Beauty, Love, Desire and Pleasure, which makes sense when you think about how she was born from literal genitals. Her sacred animals were the Dove and Sparrow.

No one really knew what Aphrodite looked like, because she was the most beautiful Goddess ever, to every person, she looked like what they thought what the most attractive person to them. If they thought blonde hair was attractive, that would be her hair colour, dark skin? She had dark skin.

She didn't know there were other Gods and Goddesses, so one day when the Horai saw her, they lead her to Olympus to meet her family. When she got there, all the men were tripping over themselves, trying to propose marriage to her. Even Zeus and Poseidon, who were already married wanted to marry her.

The other Goddesses didn't much like her because of this fact. Finally, Hera had enough, and said that she would choose who would marry Aphrodite, and she picked the one man that hadn't asked for her hand in marriage, Hephaestus.

All the other Gods were outraged and shocked that someone this beautiful was to be married to Hephaestus, who although was kind hearted and gentle, was not the best looking. But Aphrodite was so disgusted by poor Hephaestus, that as soon as she was married to him, she began having an affair with Ares behind her husbands back.

Aphrodite had plenty of children as well, none of them from Hephaestus.