14. dionysus

*i made a little aesthetic for dionysus*

Dionysus was also the son of Zeus, duh, who else would it be

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Dionysus was also the son of Zeus, duh, who else would it be. His mother was tricked by Hera into asking Zeus to show her his true form. He did, and she turned into dust, because she was merely a mortal, but she was also pregnant with his child at that time. 

So Zeus cut open his thigh, stuffed the unborn child in there, and then sewed it shut. And when the child was grown, he cut his thigh open again and Dionysus was born, god of Wine, Fruitfulness, Parties, Festivals, Madness, Chaos, Drunkenness, Vegetation, Ecstasy and Theatre. His sacred animals were Dolphins, Serpents, Tigers and Donkeys. He was also the youngest and last Olympian, and some stories say that Hestia gave up her spot for him. 

Dionysus wasn't actually called that until later, he was originally named Bacchus 'the noisy one' by Zeus. Bacchus is actually Dionysus' Roman counterpart, but we'll get to those later. Zeus sent baby Bacchus off to live with his aunt on earth until he was older, and they knew if he was a god or a demigod. 

But Hera came after his aunt, and Zeus ended up having to find new baby sitters, but no one seemed very eager after they heard what happened to the last family. Zeus left him with some nymphs on Mount Nysa. 

Bacchus became known as the 'godly son of Zeus who lived on Nysa' which eventually got shortened to Dios (god) of Nysa, and eventually his new name became Dionysus. 

One day, Dionysus was with his satyr friend, and the satyr had been on a tree bringing a vine down, when he got tangled in it and fell, hitting his head and died. His blood spread on the vine, and Dionysus cursed the vine to bear the sweetest fruits, and that was how he created the first grapevine, from the blood of his dead friend. 

He crushed the grapes and worked his magic on them. They fermented and he took a sip, and that was how Dionysus created wine. 

Dionysus eventually got married, but he never really slept around like his father. He was 'captured' by pirates, but really he let himself be captures, considering it to be a fun adventure. After killing the crew, he found himself on an island, where a beautiful young lady was sat looking heartbroken. 

He spoke with her and comforted her. And found out she was sad because her lover, Theseus had left her. Guessed who this was yet? It's Princess Ariadne, the same one who helped Theseus with his quest to kill the Minotaur. 

He sat and talked with her, bringing her food and wine, and they fell in love. He promised that if she married him, he would love her forever and never leave her. And he kept his promise, he married her and when he was the twelfth Olympian, she became his immortal lover. 

eonia (greek mythology)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें