7

Issy assumed the third pose of the Rubrian formations and held it as she kept her breathing as even as possible. She held the pose for a full minute before taking a deep breathe and raising her left foot, placing more of her weight on her arms and moving into the fourth pose. By the twelfth pose, she was a sweating mess and her core muscles were on fire. She groaned a curse out and pushed her body to complete the formations. When she came to the fifteenth and final pose, her body was trembling as she struggled hard to maintain her breathing and hold for the last minute. At the end she let her body fall to the matter floor with her breath coming out hard and laboured. This had been the second month that she had been practicing the Rubrian formations and she still struggled to make it to the end.

When Issy finally rose she noticed that an attendant with waiting for her in the corner of the room.

"Yes, Maury," she said aloud. The attendant knew not to interrupt her during this particular formation as losing concentration could result in very serious muscle injury.

"Lady Isalinah, the Doeshar requested that you join him to break your fast this night in the garden," the male stated before turning on his heel and leaving the room. He didn't wait for an answer because it was not a question, but a command. Her father wanted her to join him for breakfast and it was now her duty to attend.

Issy huffed out a breath, the old male could be so formal it was ridiculous. He could have texted her or something. She was sure Maury had for more important things to do that curry messages as her father's secretary. Issy pushed herself off the mats and onto her foot and left the private training room she and her immediate family used and headed back to her room. She needed a shower and fresh attire before she went to breakfast with her father as was expected.

When she reached her rooms in the private sector of the palace, she refused to sit on any piece of furniture without first showering. The room itself was a reflection of Issy. It was all soft pastels, large pieces of comfy furniture and lots of texture with rugs and throw cushions. She went directly to her ensuite and turned the shower on; a large glass structure, separate from the big tub on the other side of the room, with two showerheads. One was a large rain head that was positioned high above her head and the other, a small detectable one within her reach. I say pulled her sweaty gym wear off, grabbing a cap and stepping under the cascading water.

Fifteen minutes later she emerged fresh and went to her walk in to choose an outfit for the night. She settled on a blue top with oversized ruffled sleeves with gold buttons and jeans, simple and deep blue, nothing too tight or ripped. She added some nude pumps and gold matching jewelry which had blue sapphires and white pearls. Nothing special with the hair, just her signature messy bun and makeup was light as usual with a pop of colour on the lips. She left her room unarmed as she had no intention of leaving the palace that night. Satisfied with her look, Issy began the trek to meet her father in the west gardens which was his favoured breakfast spot.

Raphael Odim was a male of tall stature and wide shoulders. He had always carried a muscled build though Issy had no idea how he maintained it as he worked continuously, sometimes well into the morning, and had a notorious sweet tooth. His Anglo-Saxon features were pronounced with his pale skin, blue eyes and blond curls. He sat at his usual seat facing the moon with a tablet in hand, more than likely reading the Times. Tonight he wore a marine blue suit with a baby blue shirt on the inside. The tie was a solid black and so were his shoes and belt. He looked comfortable and relaxed as he read despite his formal attire. The blue complimented the deep blue of his eyes which looked up and smile lines appeared around them when he saw Issy approaching.

Issy didn't think it was fair to admit but she definitely had a favourite parent. Her father was hers, not that she didn't like her mother, far from it. Her mother was loving and supportive but she was also liked, no loved, to have her way and three hundred years with a male who hardly ever found the strength to say no to her made for a dictator. Arion always strove to please their mother while Issy simply didn't. It could lead to some long standoffs between them. Raphael was far easier to reason with and loved a shopping buddy at his side.