8

His suspensions had been correct she was absolutely gorgeous in this shade of colour. The shocked look on her face sent pangs of guilt through his chest, lashing at the cold organ there. He pushed those emotions away, this was a necessary evil for the good of his House and his own personal mental health. He had barely slept today with thoughts of her persisting as the hours went on.

Massillon decided to keep up appearances as best as possible as the poor female stood there wide eyed. He took her arm from her father, broking protocol, and lead her away.

"Show me your home, Lady Isalinah." He proclaimed for all to hear, singling her out so no one else would follow. Her body moved as though on autopilot.

"Massillon..."

"Wait," he said in a soft tone. He continued to walk with her taking any door so long as it lead him farther away from preeing ears. When they were out of earshot, he realised that had walked in silence for ten minutes. He had no idea where he was.

"I don't understand what is going on," Isalinah fumbled out, her voice unsteady and hesitant. Her face looked pale despite her rich complexion.

"You are Massillon. The same Massillon I met in the night club six months ago. The same Massillon I ... I...we..." The female seemed incapable of pulling herself together enough to form a coherent sentence.

"You need to pull yourself together female." He said firmly. She stopped babbling to look him in the eye, and Massillon saw it then; the fear. Written all over her face was pure unadulterated fear. He sighed deeply, this was not how he planned this meeting going. If her father, the Doeshar found out Massillon had had his way with his little princess without his consent to an official courtship, there was no telling what political blowback there might be. Even among the Doeshar of the vampire world, Raphael was a power to reckon with. Though House Marasarah was powerful in its own right Massillon's rule was young, a mere four decades and required stability and allies.

"Issy, calm yourself, less we are discovered," Massillon spoke in as gentle a tone as he could manage. The female seemed to react better to this tone and, without breaking eye contact, started to pull air into her lungs in big gulps.

When Her breathing had evened out for the most part she stepped away from him and started towards the door. "Let's return to the others," she said over her shoulder as she walked proudly out of the room. The feisty female he had taken to his bed was back in control of herself. He followed behind, his eyes falling to watch her beautiful curves as her hips and round muscled ass swayed as she practically glided across the marble floors. The beautiful creature was mesmerising to watch and he felt his cock pulse with the first buds of arousal. He pushed that down hard as such a reaction would be completely inappropriate if sensed by the others.

When they rejoined the group, he inclined his head in her direction, " I thank you for the tour Lady Isalinah." He stated before returning to his father's side whose matching green eyes met his in a hard stare. There will be several questions at the end of the night of that he was sure.

The rest of the evening went without incident. Lady Isalinah played the part of inncoent sweet co-hostess at her mother's side very well. She was still maddeningly distracting and he found himself staring at her far more often then was socially acceptable. He loved the play of red silk and lace against her dark skin. It made the elegant dress seem provocative to him. Perhaps it was the fact that he knew what all that skin felt like, tasted like under that beautiful dress.

Massillon made no effort to hide his interest in Isalinah from her family but he did not engage her directly in conversation. It was obvious that she was still reeling from the discovery of his full identity. Her brother, the Doesharee kept sending covert looks her way but Isalinah refused to acknowledge them pretending to focus completely on the meal and their guests. Massillon would be foolish to think everything was settled, he knew that feathers had been ruffled with that impromptu tour and explanations on both sides would be expected. He hoped that Islainah held her tongue. When a week passed and no sign or anger and outrage was detected on the part of House Odimah, Massillon decided to move forward with the next step in his plans.