14

The poor driver appeared physically shakened by everything he had heard in the back of his limo. Issy felt compelled to say something to the male as he came around to open her door and offer assistance.

"I'm sorry that you had to witness that, Cardin." Issy stated awkwardly to the driver.

"I do not mean to pry but I believe the Dorsharee is genuinely worried about you. The Lady is his most treasured sibling and as a big brother myself, I understand his position," Cardin added.

"The Dorsharee wants to be in control and in this instance, he is not. That is all Cardin, don't be fooled," Issy stated with a lot more bite to her reply than was necessary as she saw the male cringe. The urge to apologize was there but Issy pushed it down hard. She had nothing to apologize for and protocol be damned.

Issy started to walk away when she stopped misstep, turned around and headed back to the driver who was in the process of getting back into the limo to take it to the garage no doubt.

"Cardin," she called out to get his attention.

The male paused with the driver's door open and awaited her approach. When Issy came face to face with the male she made sure that her face was serious and her eyes direct and just a little cold. As Arion's preferred driver, there was no doubt Cordin knew that anything he overheard was the private correspondence of his Dorsharee but Issy needed to be sure. Her business was hers alone.

"Cardin, I trust that I may rely on your discretion in this matter." It was not a question.

The male, for his part, actually looked a bit offended by the inference of a lack of discretion on his end but remained cool nevertheless.

"Of course, the Lady's business is her own."

"Good," Issy stated quite awkwardly but for turning on her heel and walking towards the palace. She wasn't done with Arion in the less.

After nearly an hour of searching the palace and grounds Issy was unable to track Arion down. No one seemed to know where he was, however, Issy was sure one or two of the staffers were lying. She wasn't particularly upset with them as she knew that if Arion as the Doesharee of their House commanded them not to reveal his location to her, then they had no choice in the matter. They were bound to obey unless some grave emergency arose or they were given a direct order by their Doeshar. Issy decided to give up her search as she knew that Arion's anger would eventually subside as the compulsion to fix the rift between the siblings would slowly eat at him. She still remained anxious about the fact that Arion knew that she had been intimate with Massillon. However, his shock at midnight meal had been genuine and Issy did not believe that her parents knew anything at this time. Issy also believed in the strength of their bond as siblings and trusted in the belief that Arion was come to her again before he went to their parents. Highguard Rulal had taught patience for a reason. She would let the male come to her.

A quick glance at her phone let Issy know that it was just after 3 am so she settled on retiring for the night even though dawn was hours away. Tonight had been an eventful one if Issy was been honest with herself and she for one felt drained. She then broke out into a strained bark of laughter which gained a few confused glances from two passing maids. Issy had come to the realization that two of her three immediate relations were actively avoiding her. Gods above and below, she was having a shit night.

When Issy reached her private chambers, she flopped down on the first comfy piece of furniture that she came to. It was a large settee which she had commissioned years ago to be her perfect reading nook, and now in recent times, t.v. couch. She had had to reupholster the arm rests and seat a few years ago, but the frame was still strong and reliable. Issy forced herself up just enough so she could pull off the semi formal dress she had wore in anticipation of a business trip to the city turned sibling ambush. She let the dress fall to the floor to the side of the armrest before nesting back into her settee. Her mind was still going a mile a minute so Issy chose to meditate in an effort to ease the tension within. Right there on her settee, Issy closed her eyes and emptied her mind, releasing each stressor with the help of deep breathing exercises.