ii. sore eyes.

head in the clouds. chapter two.
SUMMARY ; margo pushes jeffrey to his limit.

i'll cry until the candles burn down this place
i'll cry until my pity party's in flames

❝ i'll cry until the candles burn down this placei'll cry until my pity party's in flames ❝

——

MARGO CRIED into her pillows, clutching the soft fabric close to her chest, her fingers balling the sides of it as she emptied her emotions out. she hated jeffrey, why had he done this to her? he didn't have the authority to do so, he wasn't her real father.

"tink?" the girl heard his voice say from the other side of the door, his knuckles knocking against the wood. margo didn't answer, she didn't pick her head up from her pillow either. "i'm coming in rather you open the door or not," jeffrey spoke again, a quiet sob left the blonde's mouth, and although it was mostly muffled by the silk pillowcase, jeffrey heard it anyways. the man entered the room, door closing behind him. he was met with the sight of margo laying on her stomach, face buried into her pillows, the comforter pulled up a little below her shoulders. she heard him let out a quiet sigh, before she felt his presence come closer.

"c'mon, mar. talk to me," jeffrey crouched down beside her, his elbows coming up to rest on the mattress. margo whined a nuh uh into her pillow, he saw her head slightly shake back and forth. he ran a hand over his mouth, looking the girl over, before speaking again.

"alright, if you won't talk... i guess i will," his voice trailed off, as he shifted his position to stand on his knees, leaned against the bed. margo didn't pick her head up. "i know you won't agree with anything i'm about to say.. but your mom and i have agreed that you need discipline-" margo's head snapped up, looking at jeffrey as if he had just told her the craziest thing in the world—which, in her mind he had.

jeffrey pointed a finger at her when her mouth opened to speak. he didn't want to yell at her, not when she was looking at him with puffy eyes, a blotchy face and messy hair from how much she's cried already. "don't. i talk, you listen," jeffrey told her, jaw clenching when the girl rolled her eyes. she lowered herself back down onto her stomach, arms coming up to fold underneath her head, her cheek resting against her forearm.

jeffrey licked his lips, his eyes flickering to her mouth. she knew how to make herself appear innocent, almost angel like. "your mom can't give you the discipline you need, she gives in to you too easily. so, that's what i'm gonna be here for-"

"oh what, you don't think i can make you give in to me?" margo cut him off, a small smirk tugging on the corner of her mouth. jeffrey chuckled, shaking his head. "no," he responded, shrugging a shoulder.

"i mean, you just had a tantrum down there and i didn't give in-"

margo laughed. "you think that was a tantrum?" she almost couldn't believe him. jeffrey leaned forward, his arms coming up to fold over each other on the mattress. margo's grin faltered. "i can see you're gonna try to test me, and go for it, honestly. you're just wasting your own breath, sweetheart. you can pout, cry, stomp your feet and scream all you want, when i say no, it's no. end of story." jeffrey sat back, watching margo's expression turn into visible frustration, as tears welled up in her eyes. god, she was so sensitive. jeffrey was pretty sure she
cried multiple times a day.