viii. us against the world.

head in the clouds. chapter eight.
SUMMARY ; diana confronts jeffrey about the plane incident.

took it out, 'cross the fields
lost control, hit a wall
but we're alright
——

MARGO WAS quiet when they exited the plane, jeffrey made sure they were the first ones off, walking past and ignoring the flight attendants and pilot when they wished them a safe and fun filled vacation. surely margo was going to be traumatized from the incident, she was scared, which was understandable, margo was so young and she just experienced something not many people have. all jeffrey wanted to do was be back at home to hold her in his lap on the couch, where they felt most comfortable and safe.

"here, tink. i can't carry all of them, can you get that one for me?" jeffrey softly spoke to the girl who seemed to be in a daze, she turned her head to see jeffrey had her backpack on his back, his own on his chest, holding onto the handle of her biggest suitcase in one hand and his in the same hand, and the second one of his in the other, while diana clutched onto the handle her two. margo nodded, pulling the handle upwards to drag her smallest suitcase on its wheel behind her as the three made their way towards their rental car parked outside the orlando airport.

once they made it to the black jeep that was identical to the one back at home — he figured it would make them feel more comfortable — jeffrey stopped and stood the suitcases up, releasing those ones before taking margo's from her hand. "you can get in the car, mar." he nodded towards it, margo turned and opened the back door, stepping inside and settling in before lightly pulling the door shut behind her. after jeffrey loaded up all the luggage, then rounded the vehicle and entered the driver's side as diana seated herself in the passenger.

on the way to the house, he continually stole glances at margo through the small mirror, she kept her gaze staring out the window, watching the palm trees zoom by, she seemed to be admiring the new scenery. though jeffrey couldn't help but grow concerned, she usually wasn't a scenery type of person. but she was safe and that was most important, they could always improve her mental health, he was grateful they all were alive.

it was a two story house with six bedrooms and four full sized bathrooms, a three car garage, a room stacked with a pool table, a air hockey table, plus an xbox with a large flat screen tv. an unground pool in the back with a gate surrounding and roofing it, the kitchen was big, three times the size back at home, and the living room had a large sectional with a tv seated above the fireplace. margo's favorite part was that the hallway upstairs connecting the bedrooms, the bathrooms and that led to the staircase overlooked the kitchen and living room like a balcony.

the jeep rolled up into the driveway after passing through security, jeffrey parked the car, followed by him and diana opening their doors. margo stayed seated, her eyes glued to the palm tree in their front yard, though she wasn't as much admiring it as she was lost in thought. jeffrey slowly pulled open her door, not wanting to frighten her. he gave the blonde a half closed mouth smile when she met his eyes.

"hey, tink.. are you okay?" he asked her, his voice filled with concern, his eyebrows furrowing. margo paused, sucking her bottom lip into her mouth between her teeth. she wasn't sure how to respond, she felt like she should say yes regardless but she didn't want to lie to jeffrey, not anymore. what she wanted was to hold her arms out and have him carry her like a sad baby on his hip, because that was what she felt like anymore whenever she was near him but wasn't allowed to touch him, the incident in the plane only worsened it.