vi. changes.

head in the clouds. chapter six.
SUMMARY ; things feel like they're falling apart and margo lashes out.

or do you need more?
is there something else you're searching for?
——

warning| sexual content ahead.

MARGO GOT A total of one hour of sleep that night, her brain wouldn't turn off and she was worried about the future, which was so unlike her, she never been through a sleepless night like that before. she couldn't stop the what if's in her brain, what if her mother had been lying about where she was? her and jeffrey's relationship would crumble apart. not that margo cared about that, but what she did care about was jeffrey leaving and never seeing him again. she had developed such an attachment to him, it would break her if he left.

margo threw her comforter off of her, deciding she couldn't handle laying there and thinking the worst case scenarios anymore. she stood to her feet, walking around the shopping bags to exit her bedroom, leaving in her grey sleep shorts and a sports bra, she didn't have the patience to change, she needed to make sure jeffrey was still in the house. and if he wasn't? margo wasn't sure what she would do then.

the blonde puffed out a heavy sigh of relief at the sight of the man on the couch, his head on the pillow that was on the arm rest. he was laying on his side, his back facing the girl. margo had been standing on the staircase to peer over the top of the couch to see him. the teenager quietly walked down the rest of the stairs, rounding the couch to see if he was asleep.

"what're you doing up already?" jeffrey asked once he spotted the girl. margo lowered herself to a sitting position on the carpet in front of jeffrey, crossing her legs underneath her. she shrugged her shoulders. "couldn't sleep," she mumbled in response, a hand reaching up to rub the tiredness from her eyes. jeffrey frowned, he wondered if she had slept at all, he didn't, he was up all night staring at the ceiling in silence.

"why were you'd fighting?" margo questioned as she folded her hands in her lap, her gaze staying on jeffrey. the man rubbed a hand over his face, closing his eyes for a short moment, before responding to the blonde in front of him. "i don't want to worry you... but i don't think she's been at sammy's. it doesn't make sense, and when i tried talking to her about it she just flipped out on me buying you all that shit. i don't know, the whole situation was just fucking weird."

margo frowned at this, jeffrey rarely ever cursed, especially in front of margo. only when he was super angry, but he didn't seem mad, more exhausted than anything, and a little stressed out, too. margo hated it. the blonde licked her lips, her eyes flickering down to the beige carpet that covered the living room floor.

"i wanna go see sammy. see if she's still really hurt, or if my mom has even been there.. could you take me? you don't have to go in, if i tell her i was just checking up on her she'll believe me," margo shrugged a shoulder, her eyes softening in hopes of jeffrey saying yes. the man turned his head, making eye contact with the girl. he wanted to know the truth, and clearly diana wasn't going to give it to him. if they went and it turned out she was telling the truth all along, then jeffrey would apologize and take them all out for dinner, it'd be no big deal. and if she was lying, jeffrey had no idea what he would do then. he couldn't pack up and leave, it wasn't that simple with margo in the picture, he couldn't leave her, he didn't want to leave her.

she'd be the only thing he stayed for.

|