xii. didn't mean it.

head in the clouds. chapter twelve.
SUMMARY ; margo tries to make up for what she did.

my stomach screams just when i look at you
run far away, so i can breathe
even though you're far from suffocating me
but i can't get my hopes too high
cause every hello ends with a goodbye
——

MARGO HAD practically passed out from exhaustion that night, her eyes sore and her face soaked with tears, margo couldn't remember a time she's cried this much in one sitting. jeffrey would surely never forgive her for this, she wouldn't either, she threw the worst thing she possibly could have into his face, margo wasn't sure if that was forgivable. jeffrey would probably think that this is something margo would spit out anytime they argued, which wasn't true, she would never do this again, not when jeffrey looked at her like that, she'd do anything to never have him look at her like that ever again.

to say she was horrified to face him would be an understatement, but considering they did live together it was only a matter of time until she had to. she truly couldn't rid the tears in her eyes, the pit of her stomach was filled with guilt and regret, while her chest was consumed with the fear that jeffrey would never want to talk to her again. what would she do without him? everything she had said prior to that one horrible sentence was a lie, she did love him, god she loved that man so much it scared her.

"margo? honey, wake up," the girl wasn't asleep, but the sound of her mother's voice coming to wake her wasn't comforting to her current fears at all. margo closed her eyes against the fabric of the pillow, tears slipping down her cheeks. diana sat down on the bed next to her, offering a comforting hand to her shoulder on top of the blanket. margo had to resist the urge to shake her arm away. "jeffrey said he isn't feeling the best, so i thought maybe just me and you could go-"

"w-what did he say? what's wrong with him?" margo picked her head up to look at her mother, sniffling and wiping at her cheeks, she couldn't care less about her seeing her cry, it wouldn't be the first time, her concern for jeffrey was bigger than that. diana frowned at her daughter's appearance, her eyebrows furrowing. "why are you crying? what's wrong?-"

"nothing! what did jeffrey say?" margo repeated her question, swallowing the dehydrated lump in the back of her throat. diana breathed out a heavy sigh, her fingers squeezing around her daughter's shoulder. "he just said he feels a little sick, i'm sure he's fine.. margo, why are you crying?" diana asked again, her voice switching into a much sterner tone, thus letting the blonde know that she expected an answer. margo exhaled a shaky breath, her arms coming up to bend underneath her to prop herself up on her elbows, bracing her head in between her hands.

"i just had a nightmare, it's fine, i'm okay." margo lied, her eyes slipping shut as she wiped the palm of her hands against her cheeks. diana stared at the back of her daughter's head for a moment, growing skeptical about the situation, before she decided to let it go and stand to her feet, arms dropping down by her sides. "well, if you want to come with me to the beach you're more than welcome to, i might ask michelle to go along too." diana said to her daughter before exiting the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

margo inhaled a deep, shaky breath, her shoulders rising with the movement. she wasn't sure what to decide, she could stay huddled in her bed for the rest of the day to avoid jeffrey, or she could leave the house to give him some space. margo didn't think she would be capable of having a fun day, not with the events of last night and her current horrible relationship with jeffrey. he would for sure be the only thing occupying her mind, but that would be the case rather she tagged along with her mother and her nosy friend or not.