xiii. light of his life.

head in the clouds. chapter thirteen.
SUMMARY ; margo and jeffrey spend the day together.

oh to see without my eyes
the first time that you kissed me
—–

MARGO STIRRED as her eyes began fluttering open, rolling over onto her opposite side and nuzzling in deeper to the bed, an arm wrapped around her waist from behind to tug her back closer to them, margo squeezed her eyes shut when she felt him place a lazy kiss to the side of her neck. jeffrey reached up to move a piece of her hair that had fallen in front of her face and tuck it behind her ear. margo turned over to face him, burying her head into his chest.

"hey, princess.. we should probably get up before your mom gets home," jeffrey's sleep covered voice said to the girl, breaking the comfortable silence. the palm of his hand brushed over the back of her head, margo nuzzled her nose against his chest, her eyes slipping shut. she would've done anything to be able to do nothing but lay next to him all day.

"yeah.." margo responded, her lips brushing against his skin when she talked. jeffrey slid his hand down, traveling his fingertips over the side of her cheek before he took her chin in his hand, tilting her head up to make the girl look at him. he paused for a moment, his eyes admiring her messy bedhead and the sleepiness still shining in her eyes, before he leaned down and pressed his lips against her, moving his hand to grasp her jaw as he kissed her. margo immediately responded, her eyes falling shut and her hand reaching up to wrap her fingers around his wrist.

after a moment, jeffrey pulled away only a little bit, just enough to speak. "was i first your kiss?" the thought occurred to him out of nowhere, he couldn't believe he hadn't asked sooner. margo rested her forehead against his, her nose bumping the side of his. when margo nodded her head once, jeffrey grinned. "shut up," the blonde commented on the smile on his face. jeffrey chuckled just as he leaned in to kiss her again, and margo could feel the grin on his mouth.

"go shower, and get dressed, i'm taking you somewhere. i think you've spent too much damn time in this house, we're supposed to be on vacation," jeffrey told the girl as he pulled away, his fingers giving a reassuring squeeze to her chin before he pushed himself up into a siting position and his arms fell down to his sides. margo pouted, her hands grasping onto his bicep to try and tug him back down. "uh uh, just come lay with me-"

"babydoll, i can't, we can't. not only because your mom but i really do want to get you out of this house. so be a good girl and go get ready for me, yeah?" jeffrey turned his head to look back at the blonde. margo breathed out a heavy sigh through her nose, as she retreated her hands from his arm and nodded her head. margo swung her legs over the edge of the bed, standing to her feet as jeffrey leaned over to the bedside table to snatch his phone off of it.

margo headed into her bathroom to shower and follow jeffrey's orders. as the blonde stood under the warm water and scrubbed the soap through her hair, her mind began to wander into the future, and what events it may hold. margo couldn't keep sneaking around with jeffrey forever, she knew it was what they needed to do at the time being but she surely hoped it wasn't what he would still feel the need to do after she turned eighteen. jeffrey was only remaining in the household for her, that had to mean something. he had to divorce diana eventually, their relationship was clearly over and jeffrey had to fake and force every affection he gave to the woman.

margo wondered if a future was possible with the man, or more so if jeffrey would want one with her. she was still so young, she dreamed of her wedding day, the number of kids she would have, what her house would look like, there was still so many things she had yet to experience. jeffrey has already done all those things — expect kids, he never had one of his own, margo wasn't sure why — would he want to restart it all?