vii. if we go down then we go down together.

head in the clouds. chapter seven.
SUMMARY ; the family of three vacation to their home in orlando.

the sky'd be falling and i'd hold you tight
——

THE FINAL WEEK of school flew by for margo, she had plenty of new clothing items to wear for each day with all the shopping she had done with jeffrey the previous week. the two didn't mention the incident on the couch that day, when margo woke up her mother and jeffrey were sitting together on the loveseat, her back leaning against his chest with him having one leg stretched out on top of the chair and the other dangling down off the side. when him and margo made eye contact, jeffrey shook his head at her glaring towards her mother, margo went to her bedroom after that.

"margo? wake up honey, we gotta get ready to go." diana flicked on the chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the middle of margo's bedroom, lighting up the room. the blonde rolled in her sheets, groaning out a complaint as she dug her head into her silk pillows. "c'mon, mar. you got fifteen minutes until we leave." diana exited the bedroom after that, margo huffed in frustration, propping herself up on her elbows, blowing a piece of hair away from her face. they were traveling to their house in orlando for two months, they had purchased park hopper passes to the disney parks — as they did every summer — following that trip they would finish the season out at diana's parents house in california.

margo rolled onto her back, staring up at the ceiling. she glanced out her window, seeing the sun hadn't risen yet, their flight left at seven in the morning, the airport was a two hour drive, and margo already couldn't wait to go back to sleep as she pushed her comforter off of her. margo squinted her eyes when she clicked on her phone, seeing the bright numbers reading 3:17am margo rolled her eyes, tossing the electronic onto her unmade bed. luckily she had packed her suitcases the night prior, it was a lot considering she wouldn't be home for another four months, they had one of jeffrey's friends — and coworker — keeping an eye on the house for them.

after changing into a pair of grey sweatpants with elastic around the ankles, her white sneakers and a purple hoodie, margo lazily dragged her heavy suitcase down the staircase, the wheels hitting each step with a thud. jeffrey and her mother had already met downstairs, each having two suitcases and a backpack. the two turned away from their conversation and looked to the girl, jeffrey raised his eyebrows at the one suitcase, surely she had more than that.

"can you go get the rest for me?" margo asked the man, pouting her bottom lip out. jeffrey puffed out a heavy sigh, nodding his head as he sat down his coffee mug on the kitchen table, as he headed past the girl he pinched her nose in between his fingers. "i made you coffee, go drink it," jeffrey told her as he began walking up the steps. margo grinned, staring at the back of him until he disappeared from her sight. margo walked into the kitchen where her mother was.

margo wasn't allowed to drink regular coffee with plain white sugar and cream, she had drank that for the first time at one of her earliest nights at jeffrey's house, her and diana's boxes were still scattered all around the home. jeffrey lost count on how many times he had to grab her from running into a wall and catch her from trying to jump down the staircase. never again would he witness margo have a sugar rush like that. instead she was grounded to honey and honey only, plus she was only allowed to drink the hot liquid on early mornings such as today.

margo sipped at her warm drink while her mother prepared her own, and soon enough jeffrey was coming down the steps with margo's extra two suitcases and her backpack. margo grinned when she saw him, to which he responded with a dramatic shake of his head. jeffrey and diana loaded the jeep up while margo was plugged their phones into chargers. sitting back in her seat — behind the drivers side — she kicked her feet back and forth, it was a drag to get out of bed that early, but knowing she would soon be at an airport and traveling she couldn't help her good mood, she loved airplanes.