Mistake

I look outside as I carry the broom back to the janitors closet, I sigh. It's getting really dark and the bags under my eyes are getting really huge. I don't want to get home and I want to stay with the light. But I can't be such a fucking baby, I mean come on! Being afraid of the dark was just pathetic and now my coworkers think lowly of me. I hate the teasing I have to endure and as soon as I get a better job that's not a janitor, I'm gone. Fuck this crap.

My shift is over and I whimper as one of my coworkers pat my back and give me a hardy laugh

"Poor, poor Hikaru! It's past his bedtime and now he's scared! Gonna run to your mommy now?" He teased and he ruffled my hair roughly.

I each his hand away and respond with, "She's dead."

Everything dropped at that moment, no more laughs, no more teasing, just silence. Just the way I like it. I timidly step out the door into the dark abyss called nighttime. After a couple of steps I felt paranoid. I felt that mans eyes digging into me and I remember my past...the man in my closet wanting to devour my soul, my abusive father, and my druggie mother...i remember the beatings, the rape, and being thrown into an area to fight for the death with a rabid pit bull after being dosed with steroids. I was like a dog to my parents and I had no control of went on in my life. I never knew anything about friends,school, or technology because I was locked up in a foul smelling, dark, damp basement. I ran as tears gushed through my eyes mercilessly.

I saw the gate to the apartments, I kicked it open and made my way past the pothole and into my room. I kick of my shoes, strip my self from my coat and dash for bed.

The bed felt much warmer...all my memories disappeared suddenly... my vision blurs as the scent of lavender floods into my nose and the only thing I'm think is when did my bed become so comfortable?

My eyes start to flutter open, I smile stupidly but that was the best sleep ever. I tried to stretch my arms outward but it felt like a brick wall was in my way. I move around feeling it slightly, and I most definitely doesn't feel like a brick wall it feel like....like..abs. No, no! I live by myself! I gulp, and slowly bring my eyes up to a face. My face flushes a deep red, and damn! this guy... was incredibly handsome. Very gentle features...his eye lashes could have been mistaken for black feathers and his skin pretty much illuminated in the sunlight. The stranger stirs in his sleep, I jump back landing on my bum. I realize something important, I remember a warning Jason told me...it was my nextdoor neighbor.. IM GONNA GET KILLED IF I DONT GET OUT OF HERE AND FAST!! I stumble onto my feet, oh god oh god! How much of an idiot do I have to be to run into someone else's house!! God dammit Hikaru!

I twisted the knob and pulled. Then I pushed. My mind was racing and the door wouldn't budge! I struggle with it more before I feel someone come up behind me and the strong scent of lavender fills my nose...Xacier...

He walks past me and gives the door a gentle kick, then like magic it swung open. I stood there like a fool. Not moving but looking at him. His shaggy yet shiny and silky looking hair draped over his face and spilled slightly on his neck as he kept his head down. Why is he keeping his head down? he has such a beautiful and sexy appearance.
Ba-dump
I grabbed my heart, I'm not sure what that was but probably fear. This guy towered over me and was so much more muscular, and yet, I was standing here like an idiot staring at him.

I gathered my senses and ran out as fast as I could so when I got into my room, that was literally three feet away from his, I was panting.