Chapter 23

If one would recall, it was said previously that the reason for Chance's breakup had been Cindy. Though, those were the words of Alfie who now doesn't seem all that trustworthy anymore, does he? Well, take with that what you want and perhaps continue to be as naive as Tucker who has no idea about Dizzy and Alfie's backstory.

Because for one, Cindy wasn't the cause of the breakup. You could safely assume that it was Alfie's fault, for Chance no longer wanted to associate with the Kopa's after the gang fight. And of course, Dizzy wanted nothing to do with Alfie either.

Anyway, let's flash forward to Friday once more.

An encounter in the bathroom between a member of Xapt Calibur and one of Vast Mith leaves a puddle of unresolved bad blood. Literally.

It happens when the boy with the bruised eye washes his hands and is bumped from behind by a boy with white-blond hair.

"What's your deal?" Dizzy asks.

"Jealous yet?" Alfie says, folding his arms across his chest and flashes a sly smile.

Dizzy turns the faucet off and shakes his hands before lowering his eyes in an angered scowl.

"Of what exactly?" Dizzy asks.

"I can see the way you look at him. At Tucker Hill," Alfie says. "And now I've got him wrapped around my finger."

"Bullshit," Dizzy spits. "Why are you toying with him?"

"Surely you can tell," Alfie says, leaning in close and changes his voice to a whisper. "He's a faggot."

Dizzy's lips purse in a straight line and he grits his teeth hard as he speaks. "What the fuck did you just say?" His gaze continues to stare straight at the mirror behind Alfie and his reflection stares back as fire burns in his emerald eyes.

Alfie grins and pulls away, his arms now crossed over his chest. "Tucker Hill is a f-"

A fist flies through the air at a speed so fast that Alfie never sees it coming. That is until Dizzy's balled hand strikes him on the cheek with so much force that his neck is thrust to the side.

Though, despite being punched in the cheek, Alfie looks at Dizzy dead in the eyes and grins as his shoulders begin to rise with puffs of vile laughter.

"It's been a while," Alfie says. "Since the last time I've felt your nasty hands on me."

"Sick bastard," Dizzy seethes. "I was an idiot to give you the benefit of the doubt. I thought you'd changed in the few years we spent apart but you're still the same fucked up piece of shit. If it was up to me, we wouldn't have crossed paths so soon."

"Then why did we?" Alfie asks. "I think we both know the answer. You can't stand to see your lover entangled with me, can you?"

Dizzy flinches, the action failing to go under Alfie's radar.

"You've got a soft spot for the boy," Alfie says. "Yet you broke his glasses on the first day of class and treated him so poorly back then. It doesn't make any sense."

"I'm not going to explain myself to someone like you," Dizzy says. "But it's quite odd that you've been watching me since then. Are you sure you're not the one with the soft spot for someone?"

Alfie's calm expression changes in a split second. Because now, his cheeks are rosy and he cannot look Dizzy in the eyes.

"No way," Dizzy says, and now it's his turn to grin. "You've been using Tucker this whole time to get my attention. Are you an idiot?"

"W-wha-"

"And you dare to slander him with that hurtful name yet you're undoubtedly a homosexual yourself? And two years ago, when you started that gang fight, it wasn't because you thought Chance was going to hurt your sister," Dizzy says as he takes two steps toward Alfie. "It was to get involved with me in some twisted way. Did you think we'd truly become something after beating each other bloody?"

Alfie looks down. "No. That's not it."

"Then pick your wretched face up, Alfie," Dizzy says. "And tell me exactly what you're doing. After all, I'm sure that you followed me in here."

Alfie's eyes are still trained on the aqua tile floor of the bathroom and his hands are clenched at his sides with no intention to use them, however, and he speaks softly as blood still drips from his nose.

"You're right," Alfie says, his voice just above a whisper. "I don't give a single fuck about Tucker."

"Hell," Dizzy says. "Then stay away from him. He doesn't need anyone playing with his emotions and that's-"

"Then take his place."

Dizzy's eyes narrow. "You're out of your mind, Alfie. This isn't how you treat someone that you're-"

Alfie interjects and cuts Dizzy off again. "Quit running your mouth already. This will all be solved if you take the boy's place."

Dizzy has no intention of being intertwined in Alfie's sick game but is desperate for Alfie to stop toying with Tucker. And class is about to start so Dizzy hastily replies without much thought.

"Fine," Dizzy says. "Then leave Tucker alone."

"Deal," Alfie says as he flashes a wide smile.

"You're vile, Alfie," Dizzy says. "This isn't how you get someone to return the same feelings."

"We'll see about that," Alfie replies, still smiling.

Without another word, Dizzy storms out of the bathroom and heads to his next class as his body shakes with anger. He knows he could have handled the situation better than he had and not agreed to such a proposal but he was hot headed and would've done anything to keep Alfie away from Tucker.

---

It's now the end of the day and as usual, Tucker will walk home for he lives relatively close and the weather is favorable. He will pass through the area downtown where Xapt Calibur meets and partakes in activities otherwise frowned upon. With his head bent, though not in shame, Tucker trudges on the sidewalk and turns up the volume on his headphones. His mind wanders relentlessly until he finds himself remembering his plans with Alfie for the night. They are to meet up at the movie theater two blocks from Tucker's home at seven twenty in the evening.

It isn't long after he returns home from school that he hears a knock on the front door to his home. He wonders who it may be for everyone in his family has a key and figures Chance forgot to bring it with him.

Tucker flicks the lock on the door and pulls it open, slightly jumping as he looks at the figure opposite of him.

"Dizzy-"

"Enough with that name," Dizzy says, his hand on his forehead. He welcomes himself into Tucker's home and Tucker is baffled as he steps to the side.

"Chance isn't here yet," Tucker says as he supposes Dizzy is there to see Chance.

"I'm not here for him."

---
Hi, thank you for reading! Let me know what you think (: