Chapter 32

Chatter sounds around the classroom as the boys catch up from their week-long break away from each other. Well, for the most part.

Xapt Calibur takes their usual seats by the window and Chance slings an arm around Dizzy's shoulder. Dizzy grins back at his friend and the two converse about after school plans as if nothing had happened between them. Cole joins in after sluggishly walking into the classroom while Tucker watches the exchange.

He's interrupted, though, by a boy he would rather not interact with. It's the same boy he canceled plans with after learning about his true intentions.

But he's different today. He doesn't have any sly objectives as he takes his typical seat beside Tucker.

"Hey," Alfie says and looks over with his bright blue eyes. "There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" Tucker asks. He figures Alfie is going to try to manipulate him somehow and isn't in the mood to deal with him.

He's wrong, though.

"I'm sorry."

Because Alfie apologizes.

"W-what?" Tucker stammers at the unexpected response.

"Dizzy probably told you, huh? About my true intentions," Alfie says.

"Yeah," Tucker replies quietly and looks down at his desk.

"So, I'm sorry. For everything. I realized what an asshole I was and I'm done being that type of guy. That's not who I want to be," he explains.

"Okay," Tucker says. "As long as you don't hurt him anymore."

"Of course," Alfie says. "I won't hurt anyone anymore."

"Thank you," Tucker says and offers a small smile.

Alfie returns one back as the sound of Ms. Reyes' heels click down the hall. Cole glances over at his friends and flashes a wide grin.

"She's back," he says and gives a soft punch to Chance's arm.

"Lucky us," Chance replies.

Ms. Reyes' fiery red hair is pulled back in a tight bun and her glasses rest on the edge of her nose. Her black skirt flows down her legs and a pencil sits behind her ear.

"What the fuck?" Cole whispers. "She looks like a librarian."

"Shut up," Dizzy says and pushes Cole's shoulder.

She greets her students with a happy smile and makes an announcement that earns groans from some of the boys.

"We're getting a new student added to our home room tomorrow," she says. "I hope you'll all be welcoming and kind to him."

The news doesn't excite many of them. Especially not Cole who rolls his eyes.

"It doesn't matter because it's not a girl," Cole says. "Just another guy to screw things up."

"What, you're over Ms. Reyes that quickly?" Chance snickers. "Just because you think she looks like a librarian today?"

"Yes, looks are very important," Cole replies and crosses his arms.

"That's why you don't have a girlfriend," Dizzy says to him and Chance reaches over to give him a fist bump. The two boys laugh and Ms. Reyes continues to talk.

"That'll also be the day when your home room teacher returns and I will be sent to a different classroom," she says. "I've had a memorable experience here so thank you all."

The boys clap as they feel it's the right thing to do and many of them smile back at her. They're not too ecstatic about getting their teacher back, however.

Anyway, the boys are all released to their first period class following home room and Alfie trails behind Tucker. They're in the same class after all.

Though, normally, Alfie doesn't sit near Tucker in their history class. Today, however, he slips into the seat next to him and hurries to speak to him before class begins in a few minutes.

"I meant what I said when we first met, Tucker," Alfie says as he plays with his fingernails in nervous habit. "I do want to be friends with you."

Tucker does have a hard time accepting Alfie but there isn't a mean bone in his body that will allow him to completely disregard the boy next to him.

"Okay," Tucker replies. "We'll try again."

Alfie brightly smiles back at Tucker. "Thank you."

Tucker nods his head as their history teacher slowly enters the classroom. Mr. Maserada, their teacher, drones on with his boring voice about the Civil War while Tucker silently scribbles in his notebook. He isn't taking notes, though, and doodles a picture of the back of the boy sitting in front of him.

Alfie glances over and gives Tucker a thumbs up who quietly laughs.

The rest of the day is quite uneventful so I won't go into detail and bore you about it.

Flash forward to three o'clock.

Tucker's club activities are canceled so he begins his walk home. He passes through the area Xapt Calibur is known to meet, and sure enough, they're leaning against the brick wall of the tattoo shop and passing around a cigarette.

He watches as Chance enters the shop and remembers his step-father's anger upon discovering Chance's seventh tattoo. Well, now, he's going to have eight and his father is going to have a fit. Not that Chance cares, obviously.

As Tucker walks passed the shop, he steals a quick glance at Dizzy who's emerald eyes are already trained on him. His body heats up and Dizzy flashes a tiny smile that makes Tucker's face flush.

Cole follows Chance into the tattoo place as the rest of the few members of Xapt Calibur do but Dizzy stays behind. As Tucker passes by, Dizzy quickly reaches out his hand and entangles his fingers with Tucker's.

Tucker looks down at their hands and then back up at Dizzy who's curly hair sticks out under his baseball cap and his eyes peer down at Tucker.

Tucker's hands are cold due to the season but Dizzy's warmth seeps into his skin in an instant.

"Hey," Dizzy says as Tucker's stomach is seemingly filled with butterflies.

"H-hi," Tucker replies and looks down at the ground.

Dizzy leans close to Tucker and his mouth whispers something into Tucker's ear.

But a loud truck drives by and blares its horn so Tucker doesn't hear it.

"What?" Tucker asks.

Dizzy just laughs and releases Tucker's hand.

"I'll tell you later."

---
Hi, thank you for reading! Let me know what you think (: