Chapter 37

Tucker doesn't decline the invitation from his step-brother because he is much too tired to argue. So, he closes his eyes and falls asleep within just a few minutes.

The minutes fly by, though, and Chance rushes into his bedroom once more and grins.

"You ready?" Chance asks, hanging by the doorway.

Tucker slowly stretches his arms above his head and groans.

"I don't do clubs," Tucker sighs. "You know how awkward I am."

"Come on," Chance says. "That doesn't matter. Don't you wanna see Diz sing?"

"Why are you so adamant on going?" Tucker asks and Chance immediately turns his gaze to the floor.

"No reason," he quickly says. "It's just something to do."

Tucker yawns before he slowly slides out of his bed and bends over to put on his shoes. He straightens out his shirt and looks over at Chance.

"I'm ready I guess," Tucker says as he walks to his door, following Chance out.

"Great," Chance says. "I didn't want to show up alone."

"Why?" Tucker asks as they head out to Chance's car.

"He'd get the wrong idea," Chance replies but Tucker doesn't think much about it and stays quiet. He's still waking up and it shows.

They ride in silence for the most part and Tucker cannot keep his mind off of Dizzy. Truthfully, he just can't wait to see him.

Neither can Chance for that matter.

Anyway, Club Violet is a seventeen and up club so those who arrive are mostly younger adults. Chance and Tucker, though, are young kids.

They won't get served any alcohol.

The two boys make their way into the club and duck through a crowd of dancing people, occasionally getting knocked into bodies as they offer a quick apology. Chance just flashes a wide smile and a small wave and those he bumped into return a grin of their own as they melt in front of him.

Eventually, they find a tall table at the back of the club with high stools and take a seat. A DJ plays songs from the decade, celebrating the fact that it's almost over, and Tucker watches the people on the dance floor. It looks fun to him but he's too shy and too self-conscious to dance. So, he doesn't.

"Wingspan comes on at ten," Chance tells Tucker as he looks down at his phone. "But he said he's already here."

"Oh," Tucker says as he starts to feel nervous. The last time Tucker communicated with Dizzy, his childhood friend had confessed his love for him.

And Tucker never replied.

"I'll tell him to come out," Chance says as he begins to write a text on his phone. Tucker's leg starts shaking under the table from his nerves and he looks around, trying to catch sight of Dizzy.

Sure enough, Dizzy appears near the bar and begins to make his way toward Tucker and Chance. His hair is even curlier than it usually is and he runs a hand through it upon finding his friends. His guitar is already strapped around his back and he's wearing maroon skinny jeans with another black tank top. Tucker thinks he looks handsome but the words fail to come out of his mouth.

"Lookin' good," Chance says as he smiles at Dizzy who puffs out a laugh.

"Thanks," Dizzy replies and looks over at Tucker. "Hey."

"H-hi," Tucker stammers accidentally and mentally curses himself for it. Dizzy smiles and it lights his whole face up. Tucker's heart races from it and all he can do is stare.

After a moment, though, Dizzy dismisses himself as it's almost time for his band to perform.

When they step onstage, the DJ exits his platform and the dancers take their seats. Dizzy introduces the band again and applause sounds around the club before the start of their first song.

It's called, "Stargaze" and the boys play their instruments for the first minute of the song before Dizzy finally begins to sing. You could tell his voice surprises everyone in the club as they all look around at each other with wide eyes.

Chance and Tucker are proud of their friend and smile as he performs. It's the happiest they ever see him be and it's a moment they'll never forget.

After it ends, Chance quickly rises and tells Tucker he needs to use the restroom before Wingspan begins their second song of the night.

He maneuvers through everyone and enters the bathroom, rushing over to the urinal. He's unbuckling his pants when he hears someone laugh and turns around as a face stares back at him through a mirror.

The guy has hair the color of dark blood and an unmistakable scar marks his eyebrow.

Chance curses and completely turns around as he buckles his pants. He frowns at the guy.

"I just can't catch a break," Chance sighs and shoves his hands into his pockets. "What're you doing here?"

Zerick turns on the faucet and washes his hands, looking down in the sink as he replies.

"I came here on a date," Zerick says, failing to meet Chance's eyes.

Chance raises an eyebrow and takes a few steps toward Zerick.

"Is that so?" Chance asks. "Then you'd better get back to them."

Zerick reaches over and turns the water off as he shakes his hands in the sink before he slowly turns around to face Chance.

"He didn't show up."

---
Hi, let me know what you think (:
Thanks for reading!