Chapter 38

Chance's eyes widen as he's shocked by what Zerick tells him. For two reasons.

"You're gay?" Chance asks as Zerick locks eyes with him.

"Yeah," Zerick says nonchalantly and it allows Chance to open up as well. "What of it?"

"Nothing," Chance says. "I... I think I am, too."

Immediately, he clasps a hand over his mouth as he regrets the words he's spoken and wishes he can take them back. He doesn't know if he can fully trust Zerick yet and just revealed his sexuality to the mysterious, rough boy.

Zerick's eyebrow raises before he speaks. "You think you are?"

Chance breathes out a long sigh and stays quiet for a moment. Another boy walks into the bathroom though, so Zerick nods his head in the direction of the door. Without hesitation, Chance follows him out of the bathroom, watching his broad back maneuver around the tables.

Dizzy's raspy voice fills the background and Chance catches sight of Tucker but ducks his head behind Zerick to shield himself from his step-brother's view. Zerick leads Chance to a table on the opposite side of the club and they both slide into the booth, facing each other.

"Again," Zerick starts as he rests his elbows on the table between them. "What do you mean you think you're gay?"

"Well..." Chance says as his voice trails off.

"Forget it," Zerick says. "You don't need to tell me if you're not ready. Anyway," he continues, changing the subject for Chance who is relieved of an explanation. "That kid onstage, I remember him. He was the first one who beat the shit out of me before you came along."

Chance laughs. "Mhm, that'd be Diz. But um, who stood you up?"

Zerick lowers his eyes to the table and leans his back against the booth.

"Some fucker in our class," Zerick answers. "He sits in the front of the room so you probably don't know him."

"You're probably right," Chance replies. The only people he pays attention to are primarily those in the back. "Why though? Did something come up?"

"How should I know?" Zerick asks and pounds his left fist into the table. "I got all dressed up for nothing."

Chance looks over at Zerick and takes a better look at the boy. He's wearing a silver chain necklace, a gray t-shirt with a jean jacket over it, and black jeans. His hair is styled tonight instead of being unruly and strewn about in every direction as usual.

"Damn," Chance says. "That sucks."

"I'm gonna beat his ass," Zerick says through gritted teeth. "He won't even see it coming."

"I don't blame you," Chance replies as a waitress with long, flowing brunette hair comes by. Zerick looks up at the girl and smiles.

"I'll take a beer and he will too," Zerick orders and the girl returns a smile. Chance glances over at Zerick and wonders why the girl hasn't asked for an ID because they're both underage. She never does though, and returns with two beers.

When she walks away, Chance speaks up.

"Do you know her?" he asks as he takes a sip from the tall class of beer.

"Nah," Zerick says. "I tipped her generously."

Chance hadn't even noticed Zerick slip the girl some cash.

"She can get fired, you know," Chance frowns.

"And that's on her," Zerick replies as he shrugs.

Chance rolls his eyes and relaxes to the sound of Dizzy's band for a few minutes until they exit the stage after their final song.

Tucker, still left alone at the back of the club, searches around for his step-brother but fails to find him amid the chaos of bodies rushing back to the dance floor. He figures Chance is having stomach issues in the bathroom and heads backstage to find Dizzy.

Sure enough, Dizzy is bent over, removing his guitar, and places it beside a small chair in the corner of the crowded room.

"Hi," Tucker says softly and Dizzy spins around.

"Jesus," he says and places a hand on his chest. "You scared me, Tucker."

Tucker just smiles and walks over to Dizzy as he feels his stomach flip. Dizzy looks incredibly attractive and Tucker quickly becomes nervous. He refuses to let it get the best of him though, and bravely closes the distance between them.

"You were amazing," Tucker says.

Dizzy gives Tucker a warm smile and says, "Thank you."

The rest of the members of Wingspan come by and pat Dizzy on the shoulder as they take their leave.

Then Tucker looks at the ground before he continues talking with Dizzy.

"There's something that I've been meaning to tell you," Tucker says as he keeps his head bent downward.

"Yeah?" Dizzy asks. "What is it?"

Tucker slowly lifts his eyes to meet Dizzy's beautiful emerald ones and breathes out, preparing himself for what he is about to say to his precious childhood friend.

"I haven't gotten the chance to say it," Tucker continues. "Well, I have gotten the chance, I just haven't said it."

"Okay?" Dizzy says. "Are you going to tell me?"

Tucker shyly looks up at Dizzy and stuffs his hands into his pockets.

"I- I love you, Milo."

Dizzy's pupils enlarge and he immediately pulls Tucker to his chest, wrapping his arms around the timid boy. Tucker raises his own arms as he wraps them around Dizzy's back and Dizzy lets go after a few seconds.

Then, with the widest grin Tucker had ever seen Dizzy display on his face, Dizzy replies, "It's about damn time, Tucker. I love you too, you idiot."

Tucker smiles back at Dizzy and Dizzy takes a step closer to Tucker, softly pushing his back against the wall. He presses his thigh in between Tucker's legs and leans in slowly, bringing a hand to Tucker's cheek.

Tucker closes his eyes as he feels every inch of Dizzy's body pressed against his own and instantly feels a rush of heat shoot up his body the second Dizzy presses his lips against his.

Tucker kisses him back as Dizzy slowly traces his hand to Tucker's neck and down his chest. Dizzy widens his mouth, forcing Tucker's lips to part as he softly pushes his tongue against Tucker's. Dizzy knows Tucker isn't experienced and considerately takes things slow with the boy.

Despite how much he wants to continue, Dizzy pulls away and looks at Tucker's face which is flushed a deep shade of red.

"You're making me crazy, Tucker."

---
Hi, thanks for reading (: