Chapter 45

Revenge isn't always the best way to go about things. It can breed hatred and hostility when such vices could've been avoided through simple communication. But it's often a good way to receive satisfaction, especially in the presence of a wrong-doing.

If you're stood up, for instance, wouldn't you want to take some sort of revenge on the person who willingly left you to wallow in self-pity for the night? The embarrassment alone can stimulate the need to make the other person feel even worse than you did.

And that's why Zerick wants to repay the dark-haired boy for the anger he caused that night he failed to show up at Club Violet. He's going to use Chance in his little scheme and pretend that they are together in hopes of killing the pitiful boy's spirit.

And finally, the most-anticipated moment of the boys' school week arrives. Zerick and Chance return back to their respective homes after school ends and change into their pre-planned outfits for their so-called 'date'. One of them carries feelings of excitement while the other is filled with dread.

Zerick speeds over to Chance's home once he's gotten ready and slowly walks up the steps to the door. With a gentle knock, Zerick waits behind the door for Chance to arrive.

The door opens after a few brief seconds and a different, more timid boy stands on the opposite side. He gasps upon discovering Zerick at his front door and stirs a similar reaction from Zerick as well. The two stare at each other for seconds before Chance runs down the stairs and stumbles to the door. He's breathing heavily and his hair becomes astray.

"You're early," Chance says, straightening himself up.

Zerick releases a breath that he had seemingly been holding in and says, "I couldn't wait much longer."

Tucker side-steps as Zerick ducks his head, again as if he'd hit the top of the door frame, and walks through the door. He doesn't neglect to greet Chance's step-brother and gives him a warm smile.

Tucker slowly returns one of his own before Chance leads Zerick upstairs to his bedroom. Clothes are strewn across his bed and various pairs of shoes lie on the floor. Zerick has trouble stepping through the cluttered mess and steadies himself by grabbing onto Chance's shoulder.

"Jeez," Zerick says. "I thought you said you knew what you were going to wear."

"I did," Chance says. "But I tried it on and it didn't look the way I thought it would."

Zerick takes a step away from Chance and curves one side of his lip up in a grin. "Who are you trying to impress?"

"Nobody," Chance dismisses him. "You know I have to look good wherever I go."

"That's right," Zerick says. "How could I have forgotten what a flashy guy you are?"

Chance shrugs and glances in the mirror. Though, he doesn't look at his own reflection.

His eyes are trained on Zerick who currently wears jeans with a maroon hoody and gold necklace. His dark-red hair is styled neatly and he looms over Chance.

"Buddy," Zerick interrupts and turns towards him. "My eyes are right here," he says as he looks at Chance.

Chance stills as he looks up at the taller boy before he finds the capacity to release the spell Zerick had seemingly put him in and shakes his head.

"I know," Chance sighs. "Let's go already."

"Wait," Zerick halts him. "We've gotta do something about your hair."

Chance frowns and looks around for his hairbrush amidst the earthquake that is his room but to no avail. Zerick squints around as well until he spots the brush and swipes it off of Chance's bed.

Chance holds out his hand to retrieve the brush but Zerick has a different idea in mind. He reaches over to Chance's head and causes Chance to catch a whiff of Zerick's scent as it appears he has put on cologne.

"What're you doing?" Chance asks as he looks up at Zerick with his icy blue eyes.

"Fixing your hair," Zerick replies before he pulls the brush through Chance's hair. He takes an unnecessary step closer to Chance just to decrease the proximity and Chance sighs. As Zerick brings his arm down from Chance's head, his eyes slowly trail down Chance's body and causes Chance to feel that warm feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Zerick's dark eyes find their way back to Chance's and his lips part as he switches his focus to Chance's lips.

"Buddy," Chance says, his body still feeling hot, especially due to the fact that the two are inches apart from each other. "My eyes are up here."

"I know," Zerick says, though he still continues to stare at Chance's full lips.

"Zerick," Chance says slowly and remains where he stands.

But Zerick brings up one hand and softly places his pointer finger against Chance's lips and slides it down, causing Chance's mouth to open slightly.

All thoughts of revenge and malice subside at this point and it seems as if Zerick has no intention of arriving on time to the date. Or even at all.

"What're you doing?" Chance asks, but it comes out as more of a whisper and finally, Zerick's eyes meet Chance's.

"Shit," Zerick says as he removes his hand. "I'm thinking that I don't want to meet up with that guy anymore."

"What?" Chance questions, confused. "Don't you want to get your vengeance or whatever?"

Zerick takes a final step closer to Chance so that his thigh presses in between Chance's legs and his mouth is by Chance's ear.

"Let's skip it," Zerick says, his voice deep and serious. "He'll experience how it feels to be stood up."

"Why?" Chance asks as he feels the heat from Zerick's body press against his own.

Zerick brings his hand back up and softly places it on Chance's neck before he turns his head so that his lips hover right over Chance's.

"I have something different in mind."

---

Hi, lemme know what you think (: