2.

KIM TAEHYUNG

KIM TAEHYUNG.

Once, this name meant the world to you. But this was not him. Your breathing became ragged.

The man you once loved had gone mad. You could feel the tension in the air as he was dragged away by the police so many years ago and put in rehabilitation. Of course, you had learned to be free from him, but there was still fear that lingered inside your heart and mind. 

You had recovered from the trauma, relief coursing through your veins. As you were happily typing up a paper on your laptop, that's when you received a call from your therapist. Not sensing anything, you picked up.

"Hey," the voice sounded slightly familiar to you. You couldn't help but start to shiver. It didn't sound exactly like the therapist. "I just wanted check up on you today, Ms. Park, how are you?" 

"Um," I said. "Good, I guess?"

"That's good," he said. "Anything else?"

"No, thank you."

It was you who hung up.

You felt terribly fretful that day, glancing out the windows at all times to make sure you weren't being watched. And it didn't exactly help you drift off to sleep as the shadows danced in the moonlight. 

With a glimpse of an eye, you sat up in your sleep from a sound of the door knocking. It would get louder and louder, so loud that you started to hide under your covers. Then, what sounded like a foot slammed itself into the door. You slipped into your closet to hide, but what you didn't know was that this had already been planned.

The knocking stopped, and you breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey, babe." You froze. No way. No way. You dared not turned around, you knew that if you did, something would happen to you. You closed your eyes. "It's good to see you again." He strokes your face. 

"You've gotten prettier than before," he smiled, kissing your neck. "But no matter how much you change, I'll always recognize you."

This isn't happening.

Kim Taehyung stepped closer to you.

I'm dreaming.

He shoved you down to your knees, slipping a needle to your neck. In seconds, you passed out, no more energy left to fight. The last thing you saw was the cold glint in his eyes and the blood splattered on his white t-shirt.

You couldn't move.

And you were awake.

A smile was plastered on your face, but no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't stop. You couldn't talk. You couldn't do anything, but see and think.

He stepped in front of you, but you couldn't do anything to stop him. 

"It worked," he cooed. "You're going to like it here. I promise.

Just like he promised you all those years ago.

"But now," he said, as if he could hear your thoughts. "You'll always smile for me. A beautiful doll. A doll that's all mine."

Your heart falls. You could remember the words he told you all those years ago. Those words that first made you fall in love with him. Those words that became your regret. Those words that made you know he was a dangerous man.

"That's the anatomy of  love, desire and want. You, my dear, are something special. Because you are everything I ever want. You'll be mine one day, and I'll do anything to get that. And I hope you'll accept me one day, doll."

And you weren't ever able to control yourself now anymore. All you could do now was die inside and smile for him.

Even if you didn't love him. 

You were not going to escape this. You tried to think. But your movements were encased in porcelain.

With the last of your strength, you broke free and slammed yourself into the ground. Yes, you cheered. Cracks erupted over your skin, and you did it again.

Taehyung's smile turned into horror. "No," he said. "No-"

You understood now. There were two ways to escape a vision. One, you killed them. Or two, you killed yourself. The latter solution would simply bring them back in another scenario, but it was better than being stuck here.

You shattered into thousands of pieces.