9.

"LET'S NOT DO THIS ANYMORE," you said, holding back a sob

"LET'S NOT DO THIS ANYMORE," you said, holding back a sob. You had been with Taehyung for such a long time, and had almost risked everything for love, but today, you caught him cheating on you. The look on his face was sheer desperation and pain, his mind filled with regret.

"Y/n," he said gently, pleading you to reconsider. But he knew, once you had made up your mind, you weren't changing it. "Don't do this, please."

"Just go," you snapped, before he could say anything else. "Take your stuff and get out of my house. Hurry up." You could hear him rummaging through his and your room, now only yours. A few minutes later, he came out with everything — he only had a couple valuable things, so it didn't take him a long time, which was good.

You didn't want to see him anymore. He stepped outside, but before he made his way to his car, he turned around, and you flinched. You remembered how he felt if he ever wore this expression. "It's not what you think," he trailed off. "My dear." A disgusted sneer works it's way onto your face. That's what they all say.

You spent the next few months crying over a man you knew that you couldn't have anymore. But no matter what you did, you couldn't let go of your feelings for him. And it was killing you. What you didn't know, was that he was plotting something. Something that you would come to fear.

You stared at the sky which was turning a dark shade of grey. The crackle of thunder rang in your ears. You glanced at your watch — 9:20. It was raining hard, and you had to get home soon. Who knew what could happen in the dark? You lived relatively close to the hospital you worked at, just a walk away. But it was getting very late.

You stepped out. Every drop of rain fell onto you painfully. You had no idea it was going to rain, unfortunately meaning no umbrella. You walked into an alleyway, shivering partially from the cold and partially from fear. You slipped. You shoved your hands out so you wouldn't hurt yourself seriously, but there were large scrapes that started to bleed.

You felt a familiar feeling by your neck. Your eyes widened. His hand restrained you from moving. And you felt the cold tip of a needle at your neck.

"Taehyung," you breathed, feeling your heartbeat go up. "Get your hands off of me." His eyes were cold and pale like the moon. You started to breathe harder, struggling in his grasp. But he was far more stronger than you. You could feel the drug starting to take its effect. "No one can help you now," he chuckled. 

*

You woke up, back in your house. Was last night a dream? You thought. Your thoughts of confusion were jarred when the door opened to your room, revealing Taehyung, and all doubts of last night went away. You started shaking so hard, it looked like you were having a seizure, but it was fear.

His boxy smile was plastered on his face as he approached you. "Hey, hey, hey," he said. "No need to be scared, Y/n."

"W-why are you here?" You asked through gritted teeth.

"Don't worry," he said, bringing you closer to him. "I won't ever leave you again. I took care of her. And we can be together again." There was something about the way he said those words that made you leap away from him.

"What did you do?" Your voice is deadly quiet, then your eyes widened as a crazy smile appears on his face. You scoot away from him. "Taehyung, I swear to God, if you do not answer me, I will call the police. What did you do?"

He chuckled, "you really think you can call the police on me? I have every single officer in this town under my thumb. They can't arrest me, you know. Also, since you want to know the answer so bad, fine. I killed her." You didn't have anywhere to go now, since he had trapped you in a corner.

"You did what?" Your voice rose to a scream.

"I killed her," he was smiling. "I tortured her first, then I killed her. Then I buried her." Your hands were shaking so badly, you thought there was an earthquake underneath you.

"You monster," you whispered. His smile faded and something flashed behind his eyes. As quick as a the wind, you were pinned against the wall, his hands wrapped around your neck, threatening to squeeze the life out of you. You stared at him with unmistakable disgust and fear, which melted to only be fear.

"Pardon?" He asked, amused. You said nothing, and found sudden interest in staring at the floor.

"Nothing," you murmured.

"Are you seeing anyone?" He asked.

"No."

"You know I don't like liars, honey," his voice dripped with disgusting sweetness. He shook his head, "I really don't. I won't be mad if you are." You clenched your fists; you knew what might happen since you'd seen so many movies and read so many books - he'd kill the person. Except for the fact that you weren't seeing anyone

"I'm not seeing anyone," you said.

"Honest?"

"Honest."

Your eyes snapped open. You thought you were still dreaming, but when you hit yourself, you knew you were no longer dreaming. What kind of dream was that? You thought, then turned to the man next to you in the bed. He kissed you, then wrapped you in his arms, in which you responded to by leaning against him.

Now this was real, you were assured.

Because this Taehyung wasn't a cheater, nor was he a psychopath.