8.

SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, DARKNESS, AND QUIET seemed to be something that humans, even the most introverted, seemed to be afraid of

SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, DARKNESS, AND QUIET seemed to be something that humans, even the most introverted, seemed to be afraid of. There wasn't anything scary where you were, it was just the conditions that threatened to drive your humanity from your heart.

Namjoon only came down to give you food or water. He also came down to check on you if you needed to use the bathroom.

You had never wished for death before, not even before, but now, you would've been very happy to die. He never let you - "controlling his own strength," he called it. You knew he wasn't lying, you had seen firsthand what he could do. You had seen him continue to put Seokjin through a thousand times worse. You could still hear Seokjin's screams ringing in your dreams, filled with pain and plead for mercy.

But you knew Namjoon wouldn't stop.

Whatever he had become, it was much worse.

You remembered when he used to smile at you with those dimples and awed you with his wide range of knowledge. Now, he rarely spoke or smiled. It was only the darkness that lingered behind his eyes when he glanced at you. You didn't bother struggling anymore, there was no use anyways. 

Today, he finally spoke to you.

"Seokjin-ah," his voice was chilly. "He's a tough one, Y/n. I can see why you like him. He screams, but even now, he's still holding in for you." He walked around your chair, twirling your hair around his fingers. "He's perfect, isn't he?" You stayed quiet, not wanting to anger him anymore.

"Am I right, Y/n?" He glared at you, tears of pain brimming at his eyes. 

And Namjoon never cried - not in front of you at least.

"Am I right?" He raised his voice. You managed a weak nod. "W-What does he have that I- I don't?" A few weeks ago, he had been cutting into you, enjoying your screams as if they were music, and now he looked like he needed some assurance. He quickly turned back into character.

"You won't leave," he said. "I won't let you."

"I won't," you swallowed. "Just, p-please, untie me."

"You want to leave with him, right?" You didn't say anything. 

He leaned down to your ear, "Kim Seokjin is a dead man, Y/n." He stepped into the light, where then you could see the blood on his outfit. "You can't leave now." 

He grabbed your wrists, his voice becoming soft all of a sudden. "There," he said. "You don't have a reason to leave now. Now or ever again."

"No," you whispered, eyes falling to the ground. But you couldn't cry now, Namjoon would take advantage of your big moment of weakness. Slowly, though, you could start to feel the tears trickle down.

He wrapped his arms around you, gently, and he pulled you towards him. You tried to pull away, but he was much more stronger than you. "Shhhh," he put his finger to your lips. "You'll be fine."

You were seething inside. 

This man, who you had known as your once best friend in school, had become something different. He had killed your boyfriend of four years and taken you, all because he was obsessed with a fantasy. All because he loved you.

It wasn't your fault. But you knew that you shouldn't have been so nice to him, if that was what drew him in.

Namjoon had become a monster.