10.

GHOST TALES AND SUPERNATURAL STORIES HAD always fascinated you - the vampires, the demons, the werewolves, all the spirits

GHOST TALES AND SUPERNATURAL STORIES HAD always fascinated you - the vampires, the demons, the werewolves, all the spirits. Naturally, you became a believer in them. You used to think that they were terrifying and would haunt you in your dreams, but then you realized that they weren't scary once you got to know them. You'd never really met one of them before, aside from inside your imagination. 

Besides, all the books you read and the movies you watched - Twilight, Teen Wolf, The Mortal Instruments, all that good stuff - showed you that sometimes, they could be good.

You were only nervous about one thing: Jimin - your former boyfriend. You didn't want to raise him from the dead in order for him to haunt you every single second of your life. He had been a good person before he died, but you were still terrified for yourself that he might've changed somewhere.

You had read enough Percy Jackson to know how to summon the dead, unfortunately, you weren't a child of Hades and had no McDonald's' on hand. You also weren't sure if you could learn Ancient Greek. You decided not to go down that path, but you also didn't want to go down the Ouija board path. Although you read up on how they actually worked, you still didn't want anything to happen.

However, you found no other good way. So Ouija board it was.

The day you bought it, you felt tinges of excitement and anxiety. You were smiling as you got home and brought it out. Your hands were shaking, a few beads of sweat dripping down, and your heart felt like it was about to break out of place.

"Oh god," you whispered. "Here we go."

The room temperature seemed to drop - as it literally dropped. You started to shiver, and put the Ouija board away, but something seemed to not let you. You thought you could hear the chatters of the dead and held back a scream as you felt something on your shoulder.

"No, don't be nervous," you chuckled. "It's not even real. Don't freak out."

Really? Your mind chided. You flinched again as you felt something pass through you. 

"I'm just being paranoid," you said. Then something threw you against the wall - like an invisible force. You whimpered as your back hit the wall with a sickening crunch. You thought you could make the shapes of the figures out. Then you realized you weren't mistaken when he appeared in front of you. He smiled, the familiar smile that you had fallen in love with and the one you grew to miss.

"Y/n," he said, holding out his arms. You flinched, then reached your hand out, but pulled it back in. You narrowed your eyes.

"Jimin?" You raised an eyebrow. "B-but you're dead."

His smile melted into a pout, "I know, Y/n-ssi. I hate being dead and being away from you." He reached out, and this time, you obliged.

"Please," he begged. "I need you to bring me back to life."

You stepped away from him, "I'm sorry, Jimin, I- I can't do that."

"Why not?" His tone changed. 

"B-because I don't know how to," you blabbered. In truth, it was only because you were afraid he'd hurt your best friend - Jungkook. He stared at you with those unnerving eyes and you started to feel uneasy. 

"You're lying," he said. "I can see that."

"W-what do you want me to do?" You pushed yourself against the wall, as if the wall would absorb you and take what was happening in front of you. "What do I need to do?" He leaned closer, and seemed to pass right through you. You felt something tickle your neck.

"I need you to kill Jeon Jungkook."

*

He haunted your dreams when you refused. You felt extra paranoid, but he only taunted you when you were asleep. You had thought all was well, which was something that you should never do because of the consequences. It's also unfortunate to tempt fate.

The TV was on and you were watching the news because you were bored and there weren't any shows that were actually good on your TV. The woman's voice jarred you from your thoughts. And you looked up.

Jungkook's face was there - along with the headlines: TEENAGER MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD.

Oh my god, you thought. Tears dripped down your face. Oh my gods, you nearly fell off the couch in shock. Your hands were shaking and you had a very good idea who the suspect was. Unfortunately, you couldn't kill him since he was already dead. You didn't know whether to feel angry, sad, or both. 

Your vision turned red with anger.

Then you heard a knock on the door. Your gut instinct told you to not open it, and you listened. You bolted into your room, grabbed the nearest weapon that your father had given you, a gun. You slid into the closet, hiding behind a pile of clothes. Oh lord, you prayed. You'd never been religious, because you knew sometimes things happen. Please let me live.

You held back a scream when you heard the front door bang, and you recognized that it had been kicked down.

For some reason,  you had a feeling who it was. 

"Y/n?" Jimin's voice echoed through the house. You clutched the gun, and pointed it at the door. "Where are you?"

NOT HERE, your mind screamed.

The closet door opened and when you peeked out, you saw Jimin standing there. Except this time, he didn't look like a spirit. He looked solid bone and flesh. "Y/n?" He cooed. "Where are you?"

You pulled the trigger, except, you must've been too loud because the bullet missed from him moving away. Frick, you thought, you'd given yourself away. "Are you surprised?" He asked, picking you up from the ground as if you were as light as a feather. "I missed you," he chuckled. "And we can be together again."

You shrank back, as if doing that would make him let you go.

"Y-you, you-" You struggled to get the words out.

"Yes?"

"You killed h-him," the emotions began rising again. Anger at Jimin for killing Jungkook. Anger at the world for making you suffer. Anger for yourself for putting you in this situation. It was like a wave, a tsunami rising inside of you. You wanted to hurt Jimin. 

"Oh, yes, I did."

"Why?" You sobbed, kicking at him, but he kept you out of the way.

"He gave me a new life," Jimin replied. "And now I'm alive again."