My Maths Teacher

It was a warm sunny day with birds chirping outside and the town beautifully covered in purple with Jacaranda trees. The neighbourhood was as peaceful as usual. In the first block exactly at house number K-30 was a beautiful boy getting ready for school.

Taehyung stood in front of his mirror making sure his uniform had no crease and his hair looked perfect. He made sure to spray his favorite perfume and gave one last smile to himself before heading down for breakfast.

Taehyung was a bright student but not the most hardworking one. His intelligence had privileged him to be a lazy ass who dreaded the idea of going to high school. However, the scenario had changed drastically over the last two months. Before, his mother or his best friend Park Jimin would had to drag him out of the bed to get to school but now, it had been quite the opposite.These days he would do it all by himself. In fact, he would get to Jimin's place first which was right next to his house and they would go to school together. While his parents were only surprised and happy to see this change, his best friend knew what was the source of motivation behind this change.

The two cycled to their school and parked their bikes. Sharing waves and handshakes with familiar faces, the two entered the class. As soon as they got in, they encountered their school council president Jeon Jungkook seated in his chair with his usual sharp and cold demeanor. Taehyung always thought how such a cold and unsocial person was the school president. Wasn't the president suppose to be a social, helpful and friendly person? But then again Jungkook was the ace of the school. A good athlete, topper of the school and obedient student, people would kill to be him. However, Jimin felt quite different about him. Somehow, he had managed to see the warm side beneath his cold exterior.

It was raining heavily outside when Jimin was stranded outside a convenience store. Out of all the days, he had forgotten to carry an umbrella on the very day. As he waited for the rain to settle, the sight of a small kitten drenched in the rain caught his eyes. The kitten looked miserable and he wanted to protect it. He looked around to see if there was any box or item to shelter but everything was soaked in rain. Suddenly, when a guy with an umbrella approached the kitten. This didn't go unnoticed by Jimin. As he looked at the male, he saw him putting his umbrella over the kitten in a dry spot and he took out his handkerchief and wrapped the little one, to keep it warm. The kind gesture brought a smile to Jimin's face and when the other male stood up with his face no longer covered by the umbrella, he realized it was none other than his school president Jeon Jungkook. And at this sight, his heart fluttered a little extra giving rise to emotions that eventually turned into a crush.

Taehyung went to his seat and Jimin did too after making sure he had a good look of his crush about which Taehyung didn't have a clue. Taehyung would have been furious to know his best friend of years had a crush on such a cold guy.

The bell rang and Taehyung looked at his best friend with the most excited eyes, almost heart in them. Jimin rolled his eyes for he knew why his best friend had the look of utter happiness and joy. It was the class of their math teacher, the one and only Kim Namjoon, who had happened to bewitch Kim Taehyung from the first day he saw him.

Taehyung and Jimin had been strolling around Hangang park as Taehyung wanted to get some good pictures. His undying love for photography would always lead him to the park and along with him, would be dragged and annoyed Jimin.

"Tae, you have been taking the picture of that bird nest for the last one hour?" Jimin said sounding irritated.

"It's a bit high so I haven't gotten a good shot" Taehyung stood dangerously on the steep steel bar which clearly had the "Don't Climb" sign on it. But then again, it was Kim Taehyung.

"I am telling you, you will fall down from there and break both your camera and your nose." Jimin said rolling on the picnic blanket, facing towards the sky.

"You are distracting me too much" Taehyung said, focusing his lenses on the nest. What the boy hadn't noticed was the mother bird had returned and seeing an intruder so close to her babies, she decided to attack.

"I am do-" before Taehyung could reply, he saw a bird approaching him in godspeed and to dodge it, he tried moved to his side only to realize there was no surface area left. He feet slipped and fell.

However to his surprise, instead of hearing the thud sound, he felt a strong pair of hands around his body, holding him tightly.He opened his eyes to see the most beautiful sight. As the sun rays sparsely fell upon the man's face, he was smiling with a sweet dimple on his cheeks. Taehyung started getting lost at looking at whoever this man was.

"Are you okay?" The man asked.

Taehyung didn't reply. He just stared at him like an idiot.

"Hello, are you okay?" The man asked again and when Jimin rushed to his friend, that's when he got his senses back.

"I am f-fine" Taehyung said awkwardly.

The man placed him down and smiled warmly again, "You need to be careful kid. Also, didn't you read the no climbing board. You know its put there for a reason right?"

Taehyung smiled sheepishly tugging his hair behind his hair. "I will be careful from next time."

"Are you telling me you will do that again?" the other man laughed.

Taehyung bit his lips again. "I can't promise anything Mr..." he paused.

"Namjoon."

"I am Taehyung."

"Alright Taehyung, be careful. I will get going." Namjoon smiled brightly and left the spot.

Taehyung was smiling like an idiot by himself when he heard his friend.

"What.the.fuck.was.that?" Jimin asked, face as shocked as possible.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked nervously.

"Dude, did you see the way you were talking to that man? Tugging your hair behind your ear, fidgeting with your fingers, stuttering your words. It looked as if you fell in love at first sight."

"Oh please, I didn't." Taehyung said trying to sound as confident as possible.

"Whatever lover boy. Let's get going before you fall for another man" Jimin said dragging his friend only to find out the next day that their new maths teacher known by Mr Kim was none other than Namjoon. Taehyung's smile had reached his ears seeing Namjoon as his teacher.

Ever since the day, his life had been full of rainbows and unicorns. He paid extra attention in classes, well more than needed in maths class. He scored well and did his assignments and most importantly, regularly came to school. But little did the boy know that one man was literally going to change his life upside down.