The Picnic

The day was bright and sunny, except one little addition, the color red. It seemed as if the entire town was drowned in the red color, as if the lords from up had sprayed red paint over the city. Couples were walking all around, hands intervened, kissing each other, taking pictures and adoring one another. Taehyung was seated next to Jungkook who was riding the car, occasionally chuckling at the boy who seemed to be annoyed with all the PDA.

"It's their day shorty? Why are you getting annoyed?" He chuckled.

"I know it's their day but do you really have to shove your tongue down your lover's throat on roads like that?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Says the one who was about to confess his love for his teacher."

"Very funny Jeon. I can't believe I am celebrating my Valentine's Day with you. And he's your teacher too." Taehyung huffed.

"Oh so we are celebrating? I thought we were just going for a picnic." He teased again.

"You are one annoying ashole you know that?" Taehyung cocked his eyebrow looking at Jungkook.

"I have been called worse."

"And where are we going exactly?" Taehyung asked.

"To the beach. What better place to have a picnic at. Plus you will get some sun too. It's good for you body." Jungkook said taking the final turn.

Taehyung looked at him fondly and anticipated the picnic ahead though he never said it out aloud. Jungkook took him to beach next to the lighthouse. To his gratitude, there were only one or two couple at the beach and he was thankful he wouldn't have to witness any PDA.

Jungkook carefully laid out the picnic mat and placed over all the food and items. Taehyung rested since he was still recovering. Jungkook took out an umbrella from his car and handed it to Taehyung.

"Put this in if you want. Don't want your pretty skin all sun burnt."

"That's fine. I like the tan." He said.

They sat on the picnic mat adoring the view in front. It was calm, peaceful and serene. They saw one couple walking around holding hands and smiling at one another. That Taehyung liked. It seemed such a innocent and pure gesture he felt.

"Hey shorty" asked Jungkook, eyes fixated on the view. "What were you planning to do if you teacher rejected you?"

Taehyung felt a lump in his heart. It's not like he hadn't predicted that possibility but he was hoping since he would graduate soon, things would work.

"I don't know. I haven't thought about it."

"Have you thought of going abroad for studies?"

The thought had crossed his mind occasionally but he didn't stress on it.

"I have wanted to go to England for studies but I am not sure."

That caught Jungkook's attention and he turned quickly, "You should. It's a lovely country. Everything is amazing there. The education, people, food, places and all."

"You speak as if you have lived there." Taehyung asked curiously.

"Oh-uhh I have a cousin who lives there. He keeps sharing how amazing the country is. I would love to go to if I could." He spoke a little faster than usual.

Sharing food and talking about random stuffs felt very fun. Taehyung feels he hadn't talked to Jungkook for years all this time in school which he had done in the last one week.

Night fell short and they two wrapped up everything and headed towards the car. Taehyung looked a little lost when Jungkook asked him "What's the matter Tae?"

"Do you want to walk around the beach for a while? The moon light is making it look like an absolute beauty."

Jungkook smiled and nodded his head. They walked side by side, hands occasionally bumping into one another.

"Taehyung, you have a beautiful voice. And the song was very beautiful too." Jungkook shared randomly.

"Thank you. It took me a lot of time to prepare it." He smiled shyly.

"I am surprised your sassy mouth can come up with such sweet words." Jungkook teased again. He loved irritating the boy.

"Oh yeah?" Taehyung's devilish side kicked in. "You know it's not just my mouth that's sassy." He spoke slowly inching closer towards Jungkook.

Jungkook who was standing at a fair distance with the boy felt his heart beat increasing when Taehyung was just an inch or two far from him.

"You know what else is very sassy too?" Taehyung said raising his hands and placing them on Jungkook's chest. He traced his fingers up his chest and looked up, deep into Jungkook's eyes. "My hands are sassy too."

He said with an evil grin and pushed Jungkook into the water. Jungkook who was too caught up in the moment found him drenched in water as he lost balance. Before he could counter attack, Taehyung was running off at full speed giggling like a kid towards the light house.

"You wait shorty?" Jungkook smiled and ran towards him. Their rushed steps on the staircase made the whole light house echo combined with their laughters. Despite having a lead, Jungkook was almost about to catch him. Taehyung ran around the top of the house teasing Jungkook. But before it could continue, Jungkook grabbed on to his wrist and pulled him up close, putting his hands on Taehyung's waist.

Taehyung who was giggling mess earlier automatically placed his hands on Jungkook's shoulder, who had a strong grip on his waist. His giggles turned into shock seeing the boy up so close, their breaths almost mingling with one another's.

"What- what are you doing?" Taehyung asked trying to wriggle out.

"Not so sassy now are we?" He gripped  harder.

Jungkook's hair was completely wet and he took that to his advantage and shook his head, dripping the water on Taehyung's face like a wet puppy.

"Stop!!" Taehyung tried to wriggle out but his strength was non existential to Jungkook.

As the moonlight fell on their faces, indulged in the cool breeze of the sea, Jungkook adored the beauty in front. His shocked little eyes, the mole under his nose, his beautiful pout, everything about him was so pretty. And without even realizing, Jungkook was leaning in. Taehyung who was shocked by the gesture immediately turned around when he saw Jungkook do so.

That brought Jungkook back to reality and he realized what he was about to do. He quickly pulled back and looked around feeling awkward as hell.

"Let's leave" he said and stepped down. Taehyung who was equally surprised by the action slowly followed him back.

The ride back home was awfully silent and they didn't mutter a word. Jungkook was afraid that if he spoke another word, he would lose the this friendship. Taehyung on the other hand was still trying to process what happened earlier. Jungkook arrived in front of Taehyung's house and stopped the car. They both sat in silence when Taehyung mustered the courage to speak up.

"Thank you for today Jungkook. I had a great time."

Jungkook didn't reply for a while and then took a long sigh before he did, "Tae, I am sorry about earlier. I didn't intend to make you uncomfortable. I hope it doesn't affect this friendship."

Taehyung smiled and looked at Jungkook and replied, "That's fine Jungkook. I know you are a nice person. I have no hard feelings."

"Thank you" Jungkook replied as Taehyung got off and waved his good bye.

Taehyung entered his room and sat at his study desk, thinking about the series of events earlier. He said it wouldn't make things awkward for them but wouldn't it he thought. He opened his drawer and took out the letter that he had written for his teacher confessing his feelings. He felt lost, stupid and confused.

"What am I doing?" He thought and slide it in his notebook and went to freshen up.

He came out and tucked into his bed, thinking how happy he was with Jungkook but that didn't mean he felt anything for the boy. His turmoil of thoughts were interrupted when his medicine kicked in and he fell asleep.