The Sickness

Taehyung had an uneasy feeling throughout the night but when he felt his stomach go all twisted, he rushed to washroom and puked at 4 in the morning. This continued for a while until his mother heard the noises and came to his room only to find the boy pale and exhausted.

"Oh my god Tae, what happened?" She asked, helping him to the bed.

"I ate a lot of junk yesterday. I think I am having mild food poisoning Mom."

"I always say that you have sensitive digestion yet you never listen to me. What do we do now? I will tell the travel agency to cancel our ride."

"What? No mom. I am good." He said in a strained voice.

"I have to get to school by 10. It's only 5 in the morning. I will get better." He spoke tiredly.

But to its contrary, his situation only got worse. However, he didn't tell his mother as he knew they would cancel their trip away and leave everything behind to take care of him. Besides, Jimin's parents were going together with them. And he knew better how much they all were anticipating this trip.

Taehyung's father came in with the family doctor. While his mother went to get tea, his father went to get some medicines the doctor had suggested.

"It's a mild food poisoning. He will recover in a day or two. Makes sure he gets hydrated and eats well along with the medication. However, I wouldn't suggest him to join the camp." The doctor suggested.

Taehyung felt bad about it, especially about Jimin getting alone. But he wouldn't let that affect his parents travel.

"See Mom, I am fine. You can go. I will stay home and eat. I will call uncle for the regular check up and ask Jin hyung to check on me."

Taehyung's mother hesitated but since the family doctor was his uncle and reliable person, when he nodded, she agreed.

An hour later Jimin rushed to Taehyung's room, with a sad and worried face.

"Taehyung, are you okay? What happened?" He asked, holding Taehyung's hand.

"I am fine Jiminie. Just have mild poisoning. I am sorry that I won't be able to come."

"I will cancel it as well. I will accompany you."

"What? No. Jimin you are the coordinator for recreation. People will kill you if you ditch last minute. Plus you have been wanting to go to camp for so long. I will be fine. Enjoy yourself."

Jimin hated the idea of leaving Tae behind but he also knew his classmates would kill him since recreation was the best part of the camp. With a heavy heart, he bid goodbye and left.

Shortly, his parents also left. His mother had been adamant about not wanting to leave but the way Taehyung pushed her didn't leave her with an option. She called up Jin and he told her he would check on him regularly.

After everyone left, Taehyung got into bed. The medication was kicking in so he was feeling a lot better. As he laid in bed, he thought about the date from last night. Even though he appeared to be like a total scaredy cat, he enjoyed it a lot, especially the part at the lighthouse. He found himself grinning like an idiot recalling it just when his phone binged.

From:Ashole

Hey shorty, all geared up for camp?

Taehyung sighed at the message and replied:

Can't join. I had food poisoning from all the junk. You guys have fun :)

Immediately, his phone binged.

What???? You ok? Do you need anything? I can get them for you.

Taehyung found it a bit odd. The boy was literally suppose to leave for camp in 15 mins and here he was asking him for supplies. So he replied:

All good. Mom and dad got me all the medications and food before leaving. I can survive for five days. Aren't you getting late or something?

The boy laid down thinking about the odd response of Jungkook. He knew how seriously he took his responsibilities as the president. In the middle of his thoughts he got a reply:

Actually, I had some family matter come up. So I had to cancel last minute. But I told them at school that I was feeling unwell. Please don't mention it to anyone since I can't disclose the family matter.

As much as Taehyung recalled, Jungkook hadn't even touched the food but then he must have had some other sickness he thought. He simply replied with a take care to Jungkook and went to sleep.

The whole day, Taehyung slept as his sleep had been affected earlier night. Around, 6 in the evening, he was awaken by the sound of his phone ringing. He checked his screen only to find that Jungook was calling.

"Hello." He answered in his sleepy voice.

Hey shorty. How are you feeling right now?

"I am good. What about you?"

I am good.

"Is there anything?

There was pause on the other line before Jungkook spoke.

Actually, I am outside your house stop. I felt bad that you got sick from the date so I bought a little porridge for you. If you don't mind, can I drop it off?

Taehyung doesn't know why but the gesture left such a warm feeling in his heart. Initially, he wanted to say no but he figured that there was no one in the house or Jimin's place. So he could easily allow Jungkook in. When he didn't speak for a while, Jungkook called him.

Tae?

"Alright. Just come up straight in the usual road I come from and take a first left. The fourth house with the name plate Kim Residence is my place."

Jungkook was expecting the boy would come up and grab the stuff but instead he called him up, to his house. Suddenly, he felt nervous for some reason.

Jungkook saw the name plate and parked outside the house. He saw the gate hadn't been locked and stepped in and rang the door bell. After a few minutes, Taehyung opened the door. He looked pale, tired and exhausted. In a concerning way, he greeted him.

"Hey."

Taehyung tiredly smiled and said hi but before he could mutter another word, he fainted and lost his balance, falling into Jungkook's arms.